Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a alternative to OEM rims ?

I’m looking for rims for my 1025r and dealer quoted me $800cdn for 4 .

Was wondering if anyone knows any aftermarket ones available ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I searched for aftermarket rims when I did mine and either I didn't find any (fronts) or they were just as much or more than the JD rim by the time I painted them yellow.

I believe the rears are the same as the 4X5 series. You can look up the part number on JD parts online and then go back to the opening page and perform a search for that part number. It will display all the models that part number was utilized on. At that point, you can shop Craig's List, ebay, etc for possibly some used rims. The other issue with used is the condition of the paint. If they are rusty, I found by the time I had them sandblasted and powder coated, new was less money.

Hopefully, you'll have better luck than I did. I searched for over a year and never came up with any rims. Scored a seat of rear tires (R3 turfs) at a great price, but that was good as it got. I finally broke down and ordered a set of rims (4) from greenfarmparts.com, a site supporter. They had the best price and free shipping. I'm not sure how they would workout for you, being in Canada. Don't forget the "GTT" promo code that will net you another 7% discount.

My tractor came with R4s, which are great for a lot of what I do. They were hard on the soft/damp areas that my lawn occasionally has. The R3 turfs are much easier on the lawn and better in snow. I wanted another set of rims so it would simplify switching back to the R4s when the need arose---especially as the rears are fluid filled.

·
Registered
37 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts