Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Soon after I purchased and operated my 1025tlb, linkage broke on seat. Had dealer repair it and it had to go back again because they screwed it up. It was put back , backwards(bracket not seat). Been using tractor since, and it rotates to back hoe position fine, but just noticed, I can lift seat foward toward steering wheel. In other words, I can fully tilt seat up toward steering wheel. Is it suppose to lock in when in driving position? I don't have to throw any lever or anything to tilt seat forward toward steering wheel. Wishe I noticed this sooner. Would appreciate any help. I can put my hand on the back of the seat and flip it towards steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Mine also its designed that way. If you park out side tip it forward keeps rain water off and keeps the sun off it. Of course my baby set inside garage and it ticks my wife off big time.:good2::lol::lol:

·
Registered
377 Posts
As stated, normal operation

Reactions: Levi and Firemark

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As Always! Thanks again guys!

Reactions: Phil-T and Levi

·
Premium Member
14,875 Posts
Sounds normal to me , my 1026 and 1025r both same as yours.

Reactions: spferdil and Phil-T

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I believe most tractors (all brands) are like this, as stated earlier to keep water out of the seat if stored outside. All the ones I've had have been this way.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'll add the smaller x500 had the seat setup the same way altho was very easy to flip up see that was sloped more of an angle than the 1025r.

Side note imagine if the seat went the other way? Like one of those trap chairs in the movies and dumps you out on the 3point.. one way of getting off the tractor.

:laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
My old JD 314 had a seat that was fixed. There were a couple of drain holes at the back of the seat, but they really didn't drain all the water off the bottom of the seat. So my standard approach was to sweep as much water off the seat with my hand as I could and then sit in the remainder of the puddle. Not a glamorous solution, but no real delay in getting to the work. Gave the neighbors something to talk about.

Keane

Reactions: Oscar Leroy

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
This is so that when it rains or snows and it is outdoors you can flip it to keep your button dry next time you need it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts