Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a nice used not sure on year guessing 13 or 14 1025r tlb. Has the 54" deck and is very slick like new condition. Guy is asking 16500 has 130 hours on it. I've priced new and it's at about 22k currently. What do you all think of a deal like that? Seems solid to me, but I'd like to get opinions.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Sounds alright. Be sure to check for DBS. If it is a '13 or '14 it could have that issue.

DBS is Droopy Bucket Syndrome. It is addressed in DTAC 92992. The fix is to replace the valve assembly. To test for it, as soon as they delivered my tractor I drove it over to my truck and put the edge of the bucket under my trailer hitch and lifted. With as much weight on it as possible, very gently and slowly curl the bucket upwards. If it drops - that is DBS and is unacceptable. Mine passed but the two we tested at the dealership did not pass.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Ok, I'll be sure to check that. Is that an expensive fix? Sounds like it could be.
Don't know, a few hundred at least I would guess. There is a long thread about the issue, it is the last sticky in this forum.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good deal . Be sure to look it over good and check for hyd. leaks , oil leaks etc. Ask the owner for service records if he has them as well . Good Luck and keep us posted !!! :gizmo:

Reactions: Drifterbike

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just my 2 cents but with the now longer warranties on the new machines and the 0 percent that never seems to go away id have a hard time buying used now..

edit currently I only see 0 on the 2 and 3 series but it always seems to be around..
edit ok found it 0 percent on 1 series until 1/31/17. Its still around

https://www.deere.com/en_US/buying_and_finance/usa/special_offers/compact_utility_tractors/1_family.page

It is tempting but the difference in price is pretty major. The warranty is a nice bonus though.

·
Administrator
20,906 Posts
Cash is king in the "used" market. :thumbup1gif: You can use that to your advantage.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Fwiw I'll also be paying cash. Wife wants a new camper so I'll finance it and pay cash for the tractor.

John deere tractor with loader and more

Here's a link to the machine
Two things.. well three actually

1 Make sure they have the lift arms etc for the three point.

2 I know it may not be popular but I'd get a deflector for the mower deck to replace the missing one

3. Did they cover the whole bucket with bedliner or something?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

2 I know it may not be popular but I'd get a deflector for the mower deck to replace the missing one

I'll check all those things, I've not seen it in person yet. He does have the rollers for the deck and I'm betting he has the deflector too, not too worried about that part. My mowing around the house and stuff is with a z915b I'll use the 1025 out in the pasture area.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts

I agree, make sure it has three point lift arms set.
If not, knock another $500 off to buy set.:lol:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
Don't know what seat it has but the arm rest aren't on it. Price sounds good but cash would probably be able to knock that down some.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Don't know what seat it has but the arm rest aren't on it. Price sounds good but cash would probably be able to knock that down some.
Good eye Levi.
Screws are missing for right side armrest but are in on left side.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
The mower deck is not in good shape. The gauge wheels have been removed, and the steel at the back edge of the chute is bent.

...not necessarily a show-stopper, it just may give you more room to ask some questions, and negotiate.

Tim

·
Registered
137 Posts
If I can add my 2 cents , with everything mentioned here about the mower / tractor I would be a little cautious on how it might have been treated and neglected as a whole ??

I bought my 1025r TLB new about 10 months ago and like having the 2 year warranty and 6 year powertrain warranty and 0.00 % finance.

Also here in Pa. I see a few of these 1025R's TLB for around that price (16,500) with low hours and if you don't need the backhoe around 12,500 - 13,000

If you aren't buying new and can wait , I would not jump at the first one unless it was in VG condition .

Reactions: Ray_PA and Levi

·
Registered
453 Posts
That's the smaller (48"/49") loader bucket, isn't it?

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
The mower deck is not in good shape. The gauge wheels have been removed, and the steel at the back edge of the chute is bent.

...not necessarily a show-stopper, it just may give you more room to ask some questions, and negotiate.

Tim
Looks like the deck was re-painted. Might be why the wheels aren't on. :dunno:

That's the smaller (48"/49") loader bucket, isn't it?
I can't figure out why it was painted black. :dunno:

I would be asking a lot of questions.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I called and asked some questions and the guy got pretty defensive so I'm thinking about backing out of it altogether. Very glad I got some extra eyes on this machine. I would have never noticed the flaws. He said he didn't have much wiggle room on price so I don't believe it's worth the drive to go look.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts