Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ready to purchase the next attachment for my 1025. I am looking at box blades and am not sure how big (wide) I can go without exceeding my traction with R-4s? I definitely want one that is compatible with my iMatch hitch, not sure if makes a difference between Frontier, Land Pride, King Kutter, etc. I am thinking 60" since this is just slightly wider than my bucket. But there are also 66" box blades on the market too. I don't anticipate any really heavy earthmoving with this unit, just driveway maintenance and some reworking of landscaping in my yard. What box blades make/model are others using on their 1025s?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I went with a 48" Frontier. Its heavy duty and works. I purchased it with my tractor and will say you cant beat the utility of one. After using it though in my honest opinion, I wouldn't go any bigger. I good scoop will stop my tractor dead in its tracks. I'm not a professional or a farmer though. I still use it for working land, that and my FEL and for driveway maintenance I purchased a 72" grading scraper that is hands down the best for gavel. I'm running R4s too. I just don't think 1 series has enough weight to hard work large scoops.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the 48" box cover your rear wheel tracks? I was kinda going with 60" because that is the width of my MMM, and just slightly wider than my bucket. I know that pulling a large load can be difficult/impossible if the box blade is too big. I had a 31 hp tractor and I could stop it (lose traction) with a 72 box blade if I got too aggressive with it. I downsized because I figure the heavy work is now done, so I'm planning to just be in "maintenance" mode now.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I run a heavy 60" box with 5 scarifier teeth behind my R4 equipped 1025r.
It spreads gravel quite well and also does a great job as ballast for loader work.
In new clay soil it will stop the tractor cold if I let it so I don't.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have a 60" from TSC and it works great with my 1025R. I had also rented a 65" before I purchased mine and it also worked well but could stop the tractor if it got full.

I wanted a 54" but got a great price on the 60" and don't have any regrets!

Reactions: Drifterbike

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I ran a 60" box blade on a 1500 lbs 24 horse tractor for several years with few issues. IMO having a blade wide enough to cover your tracks is needed. The operator is the key and once you get the hang of it you'll be fine with the 5' blade.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I run the 60" Frontier on my 1025r... Like most have already mentioned, if I let it get full it will stop me dead... But that can happen with the 48" too... I like the extra width and it is my loader ballast

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replies. I think I am going to shoot for a 60" box blade. Although, if I find a smokin' deal on a 48", I might not pass it up.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Frontier is compatible with the I-match, the Land Pride is not without mods to upper and lower mountings, not sure about the other brands.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Have both a 5' and 6' BB

When I first got my my 1025, my neighbor lent me his 5' BB, next I found a 4' on Craig's list. They are both bush hogs. 5' is nice for skimming wider but bogs down the machine when really using it. The 4' can be used much harder and is a better fit for my 1025. Also, I have sandy soil. I would go with the 4'

Reactions: Marlin

·
Premium Member
5,086 Posts
When I first got my my 1025, my neighbor lent me his 5' BB, next I found a 4' on Craig's list. They are both bush hogs. 5' is nice for skimming wider but bogs down the machine when really using it. The 4' can be used much harder and is a better fit for my 1025. Also, I have sandy soil. I would go with the 4'
I've been very happy with a 48" box blade, the right size for my 1026R :greentractorride:. You can still grab more than you can pull and the small width makes getting around just about right. iMatch is perfect, I never have to adjust anything to switch between box blade and JD tiller.

Just my opinion . . . Marlin :cowboy:

Box Scraper-1.jpg

Box Scraper-2.jpg

·
Registered
474 Posts
1025 w/R4 and a 60" box blade - I have torn sod with the rippers fully engaged, have uprooted gravel in driveways and even torn out some decent roots with it - no traction issues and no weights either. I suspect adding weights will only help. I have scooped a full FEL full of dirt while pulling the blade as well when I needed the extra traction. Certainly covers the tracks just fine.

Reactions: keane and Firemark

·
Registered
36 Posts
I purchased a new Frontier BB2048L from my local dealership over the weekend and spent some time with it working my gravel driveway. Worked excellent on the back of my 2035 with iMatch hitch. The scarifier teeth really work well to loosen the ground up for leveling.

Reactions: ky_shawn

·
Registered
36 Posts
I purchased a new Frontier BB2048L from my local dealership over the weekend and spent some time with it working my gravel driveway. Worked excellent on the back of my 2035 with iMatch hitch. The scarifier teeth really work well to loosen the ground up for leveling.
Odd thing though... I didn't notice this at the dealership when I picked this up, however when I was ready to use it and lower the teeth, I noticed that one of the pins had been installed backward so I had to loosen up the bolts on part of the frame to remove and flip it around correctly.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts