Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a change mid 2020 where new/different hardware was introduced for the mechanical lift for the 54 and 60D mower decks. I picked up a fresh 1025R with the 60D mower deck a couple of days go. Everything was in crates when loaded on my truck, so this post will serve both for during the initial installation as well as the overall setup and adjustments.

Here's the mower deck after removing the top and side of the crate:

The mechanical lift kit introduced mid-202 is this one:

It ships in a cardboard box, separate from the crated mower deck itself.

Here's a view of all the parts contained in the mechanical lift kit:

The PTO portion comes fully assembled.

Here's the front drag link assembled and installed on the front of the mower deck. I started out with the catch hook set right in the middle of the range.

A view of the front brackets installed on the frame. Note that the brackets installs on the INSIDE of the frame. I made the mistake of installing them on the outside initially.

I'm still waiting on my height gauge to get here, at which point I'll be doing the proper side to side and front to back adjustments, but with the front drag link in the position above, the front of deck was slightly lower than the back.

I was pretty surprised that the deck and PTO engaged and latched the first time I drover over it! Also, without any further adjustments, I was able to select 4" mowing height with no issues:

The cam has just a 1/16" gap or so at this setting:

Both turnbuckles are still in the default position they came in out of the box:

I was expecting to have to make all kinds of adjustments to get the PTO shaft to engage, but the pre-assembled PTO assembly appears to have been pre-set at the factory, or perhaps I just got very lucky.

Here's a view of the parts that make up the new mechanical lift system:

Once I get the height gauge, I'll run through all the adjustments. I'm also waiting for the dealer to email me the installation manual for the BXX10229 kit. All I had to go by during the assembly was the parts diagram above.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Reserved #1

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reserved #2

·
Registered
33 Posts
There was a change mid 2020 where new/different hardware was introduced for the mechanical lift for the 54 and 60D mower decks. I picked up a fresh 1025R with the 60D mower deck a couple of days go. Everything was in crates when loaded on my truck, so this post will serve both for during the initial installation as well as the overall setup and adjustments.

Here's the mower deck after removing the top and side of the crate:

View attachment 781460

The mechanical lift kit introduced mid-202 is this one:

View attachment 781461

It ships in a cardboard box, separate from the crated mower deck itself.

Here's a view of all the parts contained in the mechanical lift kit:

View attachment 781462

The PTO portion comes fully assembled.

Here's the front drag link assembled and installed on the front of the mower deck. I started out with the catch hook set right in the middle of the range.

View attachment 781463

A view of the front brackets installed on the frame. Note that the brackets installs on the INSIDE of the frame. I made the mistake of installing them on the outside initially.

View attachment 781464

I'm still waiting on my height gauge to get here, at which point I'll be doing the proper side to side and front to back adjustments, but with the front drag link in the position above, the front of deck was slightly lower than the back.

I was pretty surprised that the deck and PTO engaged and latched the first time I drover over it! Also, without any further adjustments, I was able to select 4" mowing height with no issues:

View attachment 781465

The cam has just a 1/16" gap or so at this setting:

View attachment 781466

Both turnbuckles are still in the default position they came in out of the box:

View attachment 781467

I was expecting to have to make all kinds of adjustments to get the PTO shaft to engage, but the pre-assembled PTO assembly appears to have been pre-set at the factory, or perhaps I just got very lucky.

Here's a view of the parts that make up the new mechanical lift system:

View attachment 781468

Once I get the height gauge, I'll run through all the adjustments. I'm also waiting for the dealer to email me the installation manual for the BXX10229 kit. All I had to go by during the assembly was the parts diagram above.
Excellent work. My dealer made a mess of mine initially so it went back. They got it right and I can now disconnect/reconnect it and I get the full 4" of height. They also leveled it for me - so they say. I've got a gauge on the way to verify and make any future adjustments myself. Thanks for sharing the detailed info.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Has anyone trimmed this tab to allow a little more lift for the MMM? I can’t shorten my links to get more lift height because this tab is not quite touching the tractor frame and limits lift height.

·
Registered
2020 1025R
42 Posts
I'm also waiting for the dealer to email me the installation manual for the BXX10229 kit
Took about 2 months to get the real paper version of the tractor manual from my JRE location. Good look LOL

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm glad someone else got to take the photos of this install. I was just left scratching my head when I had to do mine since it wasn't like the older one I had for reference.

·
Registered
2021 JD 1025R
10 Posts
I have just bought a new 2021 1025R with the 54D mower. My deck doesn't adjust up past 3 on the knob. I'm on here searching for an answer. Someone replied in another post that there is an adjustment behind the rear tire. I will look into it today. I see others are having the same issue. This may be a common problem on the new deck?

·
Registered
2021 JD 1025R
10 Posts
The post for the setup on the older style deck is a "sticky" or pinned at the top of the scut page. Would it be helpful if a moderator pinned this post to the top of the page because it may be helpful for setup of the new style decks?
I'm new, just asking.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have just bought a new 2021 1025R with the 54D mower. My deck doesn't adjust up past 3 on the knob. I'm on here searching for an answer. Someone replied in another post that there is an adjustment behind the rear tire. I will look into it today. I see others are having the same issue. This may be a common problem on the new deck?
Did you ever get an answer for this? mine is doing the same thing and I cannot figure it out

·
Registered
2021 JD 1025R
10 Posts
Did you ever get an answer for this? mine is doing the same thing and I cannot figure it out
Yes, I found in another post that there is an adjustment behind the rear tire. The post said that you may have to remove the rear tire to access it. ( I did not. )
There is a bracket that slides back and forth. It is locked down with 2 bolts. Loosen the 2 bolts slide the bracket a small amount and tighten the bolts back up. I was able to get the mower deck to raise to full height. Be careful. It is possible to adjust it to far and your deck will raise to high and the deck linkage will hit its upper limit. There is a small tab welded to the deck linkage to keep the deck from going to high. If I remember correctly, you don't want to go to high because the pto gearbox and pto shaft will run into the bottom of the tractor.

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
The post for the setup on the older style deck is a "sticky" or pinned at the top of the scut page. Would it be helpful if a moderator pinned this post to the top of the page because it may be helpful for setup of the new style decks?
I'm new, just asking.
Good idea, I'll pin it. Would like to see more in-depth information on making all the adjustments though. That will help others in the future.

·
Registered
10 Posts
has anyone considered upgrading to this new style? It seems like it would solve the lift issues. I've adjusted till I'm blue in the face and 3 1/2 is as far as I can get without manually lifting the mower.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My deck was working fine for about a year. Recently, I can't get the height knob to move, it is stuff at about 3.5". I have the integrated hydraulics so I raise with the button on the dash. It moves up but seems like it just doesn't go high enough to allow the height knob to turn. I am wondering if the adjustment that cjordon3421 refers to would help. I am just not sure where it is without a picture. Any ideas?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, I found in another post that there is an adjustment behind the rear tire. The post said that you may have to remove the rear tire to access it. ( I did not. )
There is a bracket that slides back and forth. It is locked down with 2 bolts. Loosen the 2 bolts slide the bracket a small amount and tighten the bolts back up. I was able to get the mower deck to raise to full height. Be careful. It is possible to adjust it to far and your deck will raise to high and the deck linkage will hit its upper limit. There is a small tab welded to the deck linkage to keep the deck from going to high. If I remember correctly, you don't want to go to high because the pto gearbox and pto shaft will run into the bottom of the tractor.
newb here:
Is this the procedure you are referring to?

-This step is for mechanical lift equipped tractors only- To adjust MMM rockshaft lift strap (located between 3PH rockshaft and MMM rockshaft behind left rear wheel) you remove the mower and remove the hair pin clips and pins (D) to disconnect the lift links (E) from both lift arms. Raise the 3PH fully. Rotate mower cut height knob to lock position. Remove left rear wheel. (You might be able to skip this if you can reach the 3 bolts on the lifting strap.) Loosen the three bolts on the lift strap. Rotate mid mount rockshaft (B) forward until there is a small gap (A) between the the height cam (C) and mid mount rockshaft (B). Move lift strap forward to the end of travel slot and tighten the three bolts. (I'd use 1/16" to 1/8" for a goal for this gap.) Reinstall left rear wheel and mower.

IMG_1792.JPG

my 2021 mmm dial will not go past 3. The cut is great, it’s just much too low. I’m guessing the rock shaft lift strap needs to be adjusted.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My deck was working fine for about a year. Recently, I can't get the height knob to move, it is stuff at about 3.5". I have the integrated hydraulics so I raise with the button on the dash. It moves up but seems like it just doesn't go high enough to allow the height knob to turn. I am wondering if the adjustment that cjordon3421 refers to would help. I am just not sure where it is without a picture. Any ideas?
I have the same independent hydraulic lift, and I can't get the mower deck higher than 3.5 either. PITA.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts