Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be a stupid question about the 260b backhoe, but want to make sure. When you disconnect it, are you supposed to plug in the hydraulic ends into each other on the backhoe side? Would think that would be best practice to keep them clean, but seems almost impossible to do.

·
Administrator
20,969 Posts
Not a dumb question at all.

Not only is it a good idea to do this to keep them clean, but it’s totally necessary to keep the hydraulic circuit connected. Without that connected and allowed to flow, your hydraulic system will be deadheaded. That will cause havoc due to excessive heat in no time.

Try stopping the engine prior to disconnecting and reconnecting those connectors. You’ll find it a world easier. :good2:

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
My belief is that when some settling eventually occurs after the backhoe has been sitting that by having the hoses connected to each other at least you have equalized any pressure that may have developed in the two hoses.
Plus the cleanliness thing...

Reactions: Robnik

·
Administrator
20,969 Posts
Not a dumb question at all.

Not only is it a good idea to do this to keep them clean, but it’s totally necessary to keep the hydraulic circuit connected. Without that connected and allowed to flow, your hydraulic system will be deadheaded. That will cause havoc due to excessive heat in no time.

Try stopping the engine prior to disconnecting and reconnecting those connectors. You’ll find it a world easier. :good2:
My bad, I missed the part of the backhoe side. Disregard my post. I thought you were talking about the tractor side. :hi:

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
My bad, I missed the part of the backhoe side. Disregard my post. I thought you were talking about the tractor side. :hi:
It's FRIDAY. :thumbup1gif: What the heck. :mocking:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't seem like I had enough slack in the line to connect them to each other. I'll have to look at it again. Forgot about the manuals I got and was looking at it and it says to connect them for storage. makes sense, but they didn't seem to give enough slack to do so though.

Thanks!

Reactions: Robnik

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Be careful??? that the dealer routed the hoses correctly.
When I got mine I had the same trouble, but found the hoses had been routed in a way that didnt allow enough slack in them.
My dealer doesnt sell a whole lot of backhoes, so its understandable that they arent up on the whole hose routing process.
I figured it out just by playing around with them, but if you want a picture I can probably get one...

Reactions: keane and Robnik

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Be careful??? that the dealer routed the hoses correctly.
When I got mine I had the same trouble, but found the hoses had been routed in a way that didnt allow enough slack in them.
My dealer doesnt sell a whole lot of backhoes, so its understandable that they arent up on the whole hose routing process.
I figured it out just by playing around with them, but if you want a picture I can probably get one...
Here is how my hoses are run. Not sure how else they would run? It would come from the factory that way wouldn't it?

IMG_2346.jpeg

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I can’t quite tell from the picture, but it looks close, if not correct.
It’s possible there is some slack inside the frame.
My hoses stick out plenty far enough to connect to one another.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Mine stuck out enough to hook together. I do have a 2025 so maybe that’s the reason?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Ha. Just realized IndianaJim posted also guess I should have refreshed the page since I seen this thread and was waiting to get home and check mine lol

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh wow...you both have a lot more slack. That is what the books shows to do, but I don't have nearly that much slack. hmmmm.....will have to look more closely now.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Mine stuck out enough to hook together. I do have a 2025 so maybe that’s the reason?
The backhoe itself should be the same no matter which tractor its on, just the mounting brackets are different.

Id bet if he takes a look, and I cant say where or how, that he will find a bit of slack inside the frame somewhere that could be pulled out.
I dont know if they are clamped in or just loose like some hoses, but with the pictures of all the others Ive seen with about the same slack shown in our pictures, its more likely that you have slack inside that you cant see than that the hoses themselves are too short.

Now I need to go have a look under mine to see just how they are attached in there....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts