Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1025R just turned 100 hours old. I've experienced some newbie moments, but my body and the tractor remain intact.

Starting the tractor up today in my shed I felt a pronounced pulsating in the seat that I have never experienced before. Just yesterday everything was fine. So I pulled it outside and shut it off. Gave it a few minutes and checked the transmission oil level. It's perfectly clean and within the range. So I started it back up. Only the iMatch is onboard. Everything is moving.
It's as if it starved for fluid so drops, then gets some and raises, starves and drops, wash, rinse, repeat.

I've been running my woodchipper most of the time the last month. It weighs 550 lbs. No problem until today. It will barely lift it off the ground, the right side seems to be weaker than the left, and in no time the chipper is back on the ground.

I'm wondering if the trans fluid needs to be changed. Maybe the screen is plugged causing it to starve for fluid. I know many around here do it at 50 hours but my manual says 200 and I figured that's good enough for me.

Here's a link to a short video showing what it's doing.

·
Premium Member
14,350 Posts
Check the feedback rod adjustment on your rockshaft arms. See highlighted shaft and adjusting nuts below. If this gets out of adjustment the 3PH can pulsate as you desribe.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the feedback rod adjustment on your rockshaft arms. See highlighted shaft and adjusting nuts below. If this gets out of adjustment the 3PH can pulsate as you desribe.

View attachment 762631
Thanks. How would I determine if its out of adjustment, and if so how would I properly adjust it ?

·
Administrator
21,286 Posts
Close your rockshaft Rate of Drop valve located under the seat with the 3PH raised and the tractor off after you’ve verified Jgayman’s suggestion. If it still drops, your rockshaft cylinder seal is leaking. If it stays, then it’s most likely in the control valve.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
My 1025R just turned 100 hours old. I've experienced some newbie moments, but my body and the tractor remain intact.

Starting the tractor up today in my shed I felt a pronounced pulsating in the seat that I have never experienced before. Just yesterday everything was fine. So I pulled it outside and shut it off. Gave it a few minutes and checked the transmission oil level. It's perfectly clean and within the range. So I started it back up. Only the iMatch is onboard. Everything is moving.
It's as if it starved for fluid so drops, then gets some and raises, starves and drops, wash, rinse, repeat.

I've been running my woodchipper most of the time the last month. It weighs 550 lbs. No problem until today. It will barely lift it off the ground, the right side seems to be weaker than the left, and in no time the chipper is back on the ground.

I'm wondering if the trans fluid needs to be changed. Maybe the screen is plugged causing it to starve for fluid. I know many around here do it at 50 hours but my manual says 200 and I figured that's good enough for me.

Here's a link to a short video showing what it's doing.
I want to say that is an adjustment on the 3 pt valve... been a long time but think there is a thread on it. Hopefully someone else will chime in with the correct term to search...

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Close your rockshaft Rate of Drop valve located under the seat with the 3PH raised and the tractor off after you’ve verified Jgayman’s suggestion. If it still drops, your rockshaft cylinder seal is leaking. If it stays, then it’s most likely in the control valve.
I'm pretty sure I tried that and it dropped. But I'm going to revisit it tomorrow morning and try it again to be sure.

Reactions: DynamicFlurry

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I had a look at the feedback rod. From what I've read it controls the maximum height the lift arms attain. I don't think that's the problem. I confirmed that with the rate of drop valve fully closed and only the iMatch on the arms it still drops. So it seems to be a leaking seal as dieselshadow suggested. The dealer is sending a mechanic out Dec. 8th. No too happy about that but what can I do? Thanks for your interest.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Mine does this with the rc2048 attached. It gets to the top and... surges (I guess that’s the best description). Since it’s only with the rc2048, I just keep the 3ph control one notch down from max height.
Looking at the video, it’s very similar to what yours is doing. I’ve heard that the fix is that adjustment rod, but I’ve also heard it’s quite a touchy adjustment. I would say, if you can limit the height with your 3 point knob right now, do it and let the tech adjust.

If you don’t mind, watch them like a hawk and take notes, I’d love to understand how to adjust this thing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine does this with the rc2048 attached. It gets to the top and... surges (I guess that’s the best description). Since it’s only with the rc2048, I just keep the 3ph control one notch down from max height.
Looking at the video, it’s very similar to what yours is doing. I’ve heard that the fix is that adjustment rod, but I’ve also heard it’s quite a touchy adjustment. I would say, if you can limit the height with your 3 point knob right now, do it and let the tech adjust.

If you don’t mind, watch them like a hawk and take notes, I’d love to understand how to adjust this thing.
Interesting but will yours hold the RC2048 off the ground with the engine off? Mine won't hold the iMatch up.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Interesting but will yours hold the RC2048 off the ground with the engine off? Mine won't hold the iMatch up.
oh, I missed that. Yes, mine will, although I usually drop it down, it will hold stuff up with the engine off.

Reactions: Upset264

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I posted a couple of days ago about a problem with my 3 pt. hitch. The dealer is sending a mechanic out two weeks from next Tuesday which sucks. I would like to fix it sooner if I can. I found a YouTube video where the guy has exactly the same issue I have. In the comments he says the fix was disassembling and cleaning the pressure relief valve under the seat. He was going to put up a video of the procedure but never did.

Here's the video. Skip the first minute of blah blah.
John Deere 1025r 3pt hitch hydraulic issue - DIY or dealer fix?

His fix is buried in the comments and is different from what he says in the description of the video. Here it is:
"Sorry - been super busy...but fix was a pressure relief valve with some debris in it causing it to stick open - it's under the seat. Removed it out and cleaned it - fixed it up. I took off the entire rockshaft assembly to diagnose (took me 2 days) and it ended up being stuck valve. There are 2 or 3 of them on these tractors - but they are not bad to get to. $0 to fix - just the time / effort to get it off and clean it. Runs as good as new now."

Does anybody have any information on locating disassembling and cleaning this valve? Sure would appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Why would you not take it to your dealer for warranty work?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why would you not take it to your dealer for warranty work?
They’re coming to me. But not until Dec. 8th. Dealer pick up and return is $300. I don’t have a trailer. I’ve considered buying or renting one but I have no experience with that and would be traveling on an interstate highway I-84 in CT. So I’ve ruled that out.

·
Registered
911 Posts
If yours was the post I am thinking of there was definitely something loose/broken on the side of the 3pt. I doubt it’s a clogged valve. The last thing you want to do is tear it apart to maybe fix a problem that doesn’t exist and then have dealer show up to see you tractor in a million pieces. It sucks to wait but “Patience Grasshopper” you’ll be glad you did. Also invest in a trailer. You’ll be glad you did. I have 2 and could use one more.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If yours was the post I am thinking of there was definitely something loose/broken on the side of the 3pt. I doubt it’s a clogged valve. The last thing you want to do is tear it apart to maybe fix a problem that doesn’t exist and then have dealer show up to see you tractor in a million pieces. It sucks to wait but “Patience Grasshopper” you’ll be glad you did. Also invest in a trailer. You’ll be god you did. I have 2 and could use one more.
I'm not seeing anything loose or broken, but your advice about patience is well taken. It has occurred to me that I could be going from the frying pan into the fire as they say.

Reactions: SulleyBear

·
Premium Member
10,634 Posts
Can you link us to your post of the original issue? That would help me provide a appropriate response. I too was thinking your machine was the one with the damaged ballast box, but apparently that's not it.

Thanks for helping us, help you.....

(does that make sense? I just want to make sure we are on the same page)......

I understand not wanting to wait 3 weeks either.....

·
Premium Member
10,634 Posts
It sucks to wait but “Patience Grasshopper” you’ll be glad you did. Also invest in a trailer. You’ll be god you did.
That gave me a good laugh this morning....

I must be God because I just invested in a trailer....... ;) :D (y)

I am GLAD I did.......also.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
could you drive it over?
Do ya think if I put the flashers on and drove on the shoulder they’d leave me alone? Might be kind of cold though. Its 32 miles if I stay off the interstate.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts