Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never had this issue before, but noticed it when getting ready for snow this week.

the arms for the 3 point hitch were "twitching" when I raised them. At this point zero load. Brough them up and I saw them slightly fall then go back up. When I put the weight box on it would raise then drop 1-2" and then raise again. Tractor starts to buck...

I can stop this by locking the rate of drop control valve.

Any advice before I take apart the rock shaft? I was hoping to avoid any major work in the cold/winter.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I don't think you have to take apart the rock shaft, I believe it is a feedback linkage adjustment issue and you just need to check that linkage for wear or looseness and correct the problem. The manual has the procedure on how to make the adjustments. Everything you need to check is behind the passenger side rear tire and might be reachable with out removing it, though you might be happier with the tire removed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have mentioned I already followed the instructions to adjust the feedback linkage. It didn't seem to do anything other then change the height. The "twitch" happens at all heights during the lift. It isn't just at the highest position.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Sounds exactly like what I had happen to mine, except it was like that from the first time I used it. New rock shaft valve was installed under warranty.

Reactions: North585

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I'll order a new valve and take care of it in the sprint. I'm a little concerned about take it apart this time of year and potentially being down if it snows.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I believe if I left it all the way down in "float" it would stay there, but trying to raise and hold it, it would not work and would be doing the "pulsing/bouncing" thing, so hopefully if yours is like that you can get away with doing whatever work you want to do this winter in the "float" position. (Assuming you have the same problem as I did)

·
Administrator
18,527 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts