Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve noticed for the past year or so that my 3 point hitch when it reaches the end of the travel when being raised no matter where the lever is set there is a loud grunt or whine noise. It occurs every time I raise an implement or even when’s its unloaded. I feel it started after I installed the independent lift system last year. Since then I have put almost a hundred hours on it and changed the hydro oil and filters. Approximately 280 hours on the clock now. I’m almost almost certain it didn’t do this when I bought it new 4 years ago but maybe I’m just noticing it. It is fairly loud and only when it reaches the end of its travel. Any ideas on what could cause this? I don’t think it could be air and the oil levels are good. The 3 point functions perfectly, lifts well, fast and holds an implemet without dropping. Its more of a nuisance and hopefully someone has come across this before.
Thank you, Ryan

·
Registered
22 Posts
I’ve noticed for the past year or so that my 3 point hitch when it reaches the end of the travel when being raised no matter where the lever is set there is a loud grunt or whine noise. It occurs every time I raise an implement or even when’s its unloaded. I feel it started after I installed the independent lift system last year. Since then I have put almost a hundred hours on it and changed the hydro oil and filters. Approximately 280 hours on the clock now. I’m almost almost certain it didn’t do this when I bought it new 4 years ago but maybe I’m just noticing it. It is fairly loud and only when it reaches the end of its travel. Any ideas on what could cause this? I don’t think it could be air and the oil levels are good. The 3 point functions perfectly, lifts well, fast and holds an implemet without dropping. Its more of a nuisance and hopefully someone has come across this before.
Thank you, Ryan
All I can tell you is mine does that too. Not quite a year old. 27 hrs and it's done it since day one. I ASSUMED it was the position control "putting on the brakes" as I've never had a position control hitch. I'll be interested in what other people have to say

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
The postion rod on the 3pt needs to be adjusted so it will put the hitch control valve in neutral when raised. What it is doing now is dead heading your hyd system. This will cause loss of power and will heat up your oil quickly. I have seen quite a few not adjusted correctly from the factory.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
The postion rod on the 3pt needs to be adjusted so it will put the hitch control valve in neutral when raised. What it is doing now is dead heading your hyd system. This will cause loss of power and will heat up your oil quickly. I have seen quite a few not adjusted correctly from the factory.

That makes since. Definitely sounds like it's almost cavitating. Thanks for the information. Is there a procedure to adjust it?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
That makes since. Definitely sounds like it's almost cavitating. Thanks for the information. Is there a procedure to adjust it?
Look at the parts diagram so you will be able to locate it. You will want to shorten the rod a couple turns at a time until it stops dead heading. Do this without an attachment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thank you for the info I’ll check into the adjustment of the rod. If it is out of adjustment would this cause noise at any position or just when it’s all the way up? My noise only lasts for a second then it returns to normal operation/sound. And this is at any position I set it to.

·
Premium Member
12,152 Posts
Thank you for the info I’ll check into the adjustment of the rod. If it is out of adjustment would this cause noise at any position or just when it’s all the way up? My noise only lasts for a second then it returns to normal operation/sound. And this is at any position I set it to.
That does not sound like the feedback rod. Typically a misadjusted feedback rod will only cause a groaning noise when the 3PH is all the way up. In fact, when an adjustment is needed and unable to be performed right away, one of the temporary workarounds is to simply not raise the 3PH all the way up.

If you hear a noise at say the half-way up position I doubt it is the feedback rod.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That does not sound like the feedback rod. Typically a misadjusted feedback rod will only cause a groaning noise when the 3PH is all the way up. In fact, when an adjustment is needed and unable to be performed right away, one of the temporary workarounds is to simply not raise the 3PH all the way up.

If you hear a noise at say the half-way up position I doubt it is the feedback rod.
Ok thank you that’s what I was thinking too. It almost sounds like air trapped in the rock shaft circuit but I’ve put almost 100 hours on it since I installed the independent lift system. I should note that every once in awhile it does sound “normal”. Perhaps I’ll attempt to post a video of it soon to help show my concern.

Thanks again, Ryan

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Mine does the same thing. It almost sounds like squeal.

Mine has 38 hours. I also have Independent Lift, but this sound came later.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I wonder how common this is. Mine also does it at any height. As soon is it stops moving. It lets out a med-high pitch groan for about half a second. Almost like it's "skidding to a stop". Sound like yours too?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wonder how common this is. Mine also does it at any height. As soon is it stops moving. It lets out a med-high pitch groan for about half a second. Almost like it's "skidding to a stop". Sound like yours too?
Yes exactly like that. Good description. Maybe it is more common or normal with wear. Mine also didn’t start till this last year. Maybe coincidence it started around the time I installed the lift system kit.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Yup, that's it. I have two 1025r. The one I know does it has the backhoe, also. I can't remember if the other does it, but I'm heading to that home this afternoon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purchased my 1025r about 2 months ago. About 5 weeks ago while mowing up a small hill the seat fell of (with me on it) anyway... survived that, the dealer came and picked up the tractor (I'd put about 4 hours on it). They replaced the seat, however, I've done minor work since I received it back, and when I start it (twice now) there is a whirring loud squeal for about 10 -15 seconds and then it stops. It did not do this before. Any idea's what it could be? Is this the same issue that was brought up on this thread or something new?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Check the fluid level in the transaxle. From what you're describing, it is likely low and what you are hearing is the pump caveating.

See the procedure in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check the fluid level in the transaxle. From what you're describing, it is likely low and what you are hearing is the pump caveating.

See the procedure in the owner's manual.
Thanks,
Is that normal? For a brand new tractor to have low transaxle fluid. I'll defiantly check it, but would that signify a larger issue? I was guessing the dealer didn't put something back together correctly. I appreciate the input. New to maintaining my own SCUT. Did the video / sound work?
Thanks again

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Assuming it is actually low, it could be a number of reasons why it is low:

1. Sadly, there are a number of dealers whose new tractor prep and setup is severely lacking.

2. The new hydraulic implements could very likely have some air trapped that was/is trapped in the cylinders and plumbing. As the air works through the system, it is replaced by hydraulic fluid. This well reduce the level in the sump.

3. Your noise may be something all together different.

4. I'm assuming you don't have a leak, otherwise you'd have a puddle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Apologies for the late reply, been traveling for work.
The dealer came and got it and said there where hydraulic issues. They were supposed to bring the paperwork when they dropped it back off, but did not. I'll swing by the dealer hopefully this week and give a report on what they actually "fixed" as there are still some weird noises but not as bad. I appreciate all the input, I finally just called the dealer, pointed them to the youtube video and they said we are on our way to pick it up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts