Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,
I tried to remove my mower and can’t get the mower height adjustment knob to turn. It’s at its highest setting.
The tractor is just a few months old and 50.5 hours.
Autoconnect mower and autoconnect shaft. Manual lift.
Any suggestions?
Thank you

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Deck may not be lifting up enough. Might try prying it up a bit with a long 2X4 while turning to knob to get the pressure off.
loosening the front linkage on deck may also help.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!

So I decide I really need to move some stuff with the bucket before the rain, so drive the 70 ft, hook up the bucket, drive back, then for grins I tried the knob again. Works perfectly. Go figure!

·
Premium Member
9,287 Posts
Get under there and spray some super lube of whatever you got on that circular staircase contraption thingamabob and you’ll be able to twist the knob easier. I do it atleast once a year and it doesn’t get stubborn

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
It might sound stupid but make sure your 3 point is lifted all the way up before trying to turn the knob. Sometimes I forget to check that.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
There is a shoulder bolt in a slot behind your left rear tire that is attached to the three point lift mechanism.
If you have problems again you may wish to loosen it and adjust its position in the slot to give you slightly more lift on the deck when the three point is at full height.
You should have at least a sixteenth of an inch clearance above the deck height staircase stop selector at full lift.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Reactions: RoyW2
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.