Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased a 1025r but was told by a buddy that when the rear snowblower is on I can’t tilt the front bucket ! Is there a valve I can add to keep the full controls of the front bucket ?

·
Registered
7,888 Posts
So I purchased a 1025r but was told by a buddy that when the rear snowblower is on I can’t tilt the front bucket ! Is there a valve I can add to keep the full controls of the front bucket ?
Not sure what your buddy is talking about, a rear 3 point hitch blower will be mounted to the 3 point hitch arms and the front end loader bucket will operate from a different control all together.

Is he talking about having a hydraulic chute control on the rear blower and using some of the front hydraulics for controlling the chute? If that's the case,
There are ways to divert the front hydraulics to accomplish multiple tasks but it depends on the implements and the specific needs.

I guess, more specifics are needed to completely answer your question........Here is one of the most common and popular diverter valves but its often used for something different than what your buddy seems to be describing......

Which rear blower are you talking about (Make and Model number)...? We assume you are talking about the 120R or H120 Front end loader?

Hydraulic Products

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Here are a couple more options that would allow your 3-point snowblower's hydraulic chute control to be independent of the joystick hydraulic circuits:

1. JD offers a third, rear mounted, Selective control Valve (SCV) for the 1-series. It has a valve/couplers that is mounted on the right rear of the tractor, between the seat and the fender. The control lever extends horizontally, somewhat over the 3-point hitch control. It and "Power Beyond", which are the hydraulic couplers typically used to feed/return the backhoe hydraulics are mutually incompatible. Your post made no reference of a backhoe, but I thought I would mention this just in case. Which kit you will need depends on when your tractor was built. The MSRP on the kit is $683.00. It list the details of the kit on the "build your own" web page:

https://configure.deere.com/cbyo/#/en_us/configure/54709680/attachments

2. Another aftermarket option for an independent rear SCV would be site supporter "Fit Rite Hydraulics". They offer a very comprehensive configuration of rear SCVs and also are compatible with the "Power Beyond" hydraulic circuit.

https://www.fitritehydraulics.com/

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He had the blower set up by JD its a manual chute and tilt on the blower . Is the 3 point controlled by its own hydraulics or do you need to un hook lines ?

Also they said when the mower deck is on the machine they loose lift on the front loader !

This machine is a 2014-15 1025r .

I think they messed something up ?

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
The 3PH is fully hydraulic and completely independent of the loader, your buddy is completely wrong.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Weird I have not picked up the tractor yet . The sales guy told me that my tractor comes with manual lift ! I thought the 3point system was a independent hydraulic system from the loader hydraulics ?

Sales guy told me the mower deck is manual lift also ?

·
Premium Member
10,684 Posts
Weird I have not picked up the tractor yet . The sales guy told me that my tractor comes with manual lift ! I thought the 3point system was a independent hydraulic system from the loader hydraulics ?

Sales guy told me the mower deck is manual lift also ?
The term "Manual Lift" refers to the mower deck. The default way that SCUT/CUT tractors raise and lower the mid-mount mower deck is they have linkages going back to the 3PH arms. When you raise and lower the 3PH (hydraulically) it pulls on the linkage and raises/lowers the mower deck. When using manual lift the 3PH arms will raise and lower at the same time as the mower deck.

There is also an option for "independent lift" which involves installing another small hydraulic cylinder under the tractor which is uses to raise and lower the mower deck. There are a few ways to connect this cylinder. One is to simply disconnect one of the loader hoses and use that port and another is to install a diverter valve which provides an additional hose connection and allows you to "switch" between the loader and raising the mower deck.

But in all cases, the hydraulics used to raise and lower the 3PH are completely independent from the hydraulics used for the loader.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
The 3PH is fully hydraulic and completely independent of the loader, your buddy is completely wrong.

Your buddy must have a Kubota. I think that's the way it works on them. :unknown:

:lol::lol::hide:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys for helping me this is my first 1025r.

My goal is I want to be able to have the mower on and have full control of the front loader ! Also if I have the rear snowblower on I will be able to lift the snowblower and also have full control of the loader .

Is this possible with the factory configuration or do I need to purchase the 3rd service port kit ?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Thanks guys for helping me this is my first 1025r.

My goal is I want to be able to have the mower on and have full control of the front loader ! Also if I have the rear snowblower on I will be able to lift the snowblower and also have full control of the loader .

Is this possible with the factory configuration or do I need to purchase the 3rd service port kit ?
If you have the factory build configuration of your 1025R, the answer to your first question is yes. The 1025R is available with three different mower deck lift configurations:

1. Mechanical Lift This is how they are built at the factory. There is a heavy adjustable steel link arm between the 3-point rockshaft and the mower deck rockshaft. The 3-point control lever adjusts both mower deck and 3-point lift simultaneously as they are linked together. The mower deck has a height setting knob, which is connected to a stepped eccentric, that limits how far the mower deck can be lowered with the 3-point control. So you can raise the mower deck/3-point fully, set the height dial to "lock", and the mower deck will remain fully up when the 3-point is lowered.

2. Hydraulic Lift This is a dealer or customer installed option. The heavy adjustable steel link between the 3-point and mower rockshafts is removed. The 3-point hitch is now fully isolated from the mower deck lift linkage. A hydraulic cylinder is added under the left floor board and connected to the mower deck rockshaft. A hydraulic line is added from the cylinder to the front end loader (FEL) joystick hydraulic couplers and connected to one. The hydraulic joystick controls the mower deck height. This line must be disconnected when utilizing the FEL. So the mower deck height cannot be changed when using the FEL unless it is disconnected and the mower deck lift hydraulic line is connected in its place.

3. Independent Lift This is a dealer or customer installed option. It is the same as hydraulic lift, except the hydraulic mower deck cylinder is not connected to a joystick hydraulic coupler. Rather, an electrically operated hydraulic valve is mounted under the tractor floor board and plumbed into the hydraulics. A switch is added to the operator's console which controls this valve.

So your only conflicting mower deck lift configuration, with the FEL, is "Hydraulic Lift". We have no way, short of detailed photos, to determine if this option has been added to that tractor. If it has, you can either revert to "Mechanical Lift" or move up to "Independent Lift".

The only thing you would need the third SCV for is hydraulic chute rotation, which you state the snowblower does not have.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks a lot ! This explains so much now ! I saw a guy on YouTube with a switch under his steering wheel to raise the deck and stuff !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts