Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my tractor in June, couldn't run it much because of work and other item for a whole Month drove me nuts. till about end of July. Did my 50 hour service on the tractor and i being mechanical i check everything out. During my checks i discovered the strap broke. first two picture show strap standing up in the picture. The last picture shows the canister worn against the inlet air hose.

Has anybody else had this issue? contacted dealer for warranty. should her from him Monday.

IMG_2703.jpg
IMG_2705.jpg
IMG_2710.jpg

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
I had the same thing happen on my 1025R when I had it. Dealer replaced it under warranty.

Dave

Reactions: Levi and Marlin

·
Premium Member
13,080 Posts
That strap is $20 (LVA16535).

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
149 Posts
this is one of the lesser design areas IMO. My canister mount bracket bolts came loose. Tighten them, and there was still enough shaking to begin to wear through the rubber straps. Ended up putting a thin layer of packing foam wrap between the canister and the mount.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
I had the bolts come loose on mine as well. The strap on mine is stretched out, probably from when the bolts were loose. Looking to get it replaced before the snow flies. Might just wrap a short bungee cord all the way around and call it an improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
yeah, loose bolts and broken strap. Found a bungee cord the right length and use that instead. No more rattle, no more wear. Did a minor change to the bracket. Had pics but lost um. Not going out as I have pneumonia. Pretty easy to fix, pretty easy to figure out too.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
if mine breaks it's getting a bungee strap.

Reactions: Levi and Marlin

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had a similar issue on my new 1025R. I heard a sharp vibration noise coming from the area of the air cleaner canister. Upon inspection I found that the strap did not hold the canister tight and it was making an awful vibration noise. The strap was installed but the canister was vibrating, a lot. I took a piece of an old motorcycle inner tube and made a sleeve that stretched over the mount below the canister. After reinstalling the strap, no more noise. Canister was firmly held in place. This is just a minor variation on solutions already mentioned.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,283 Posts
Had a strap like that on the 2210 I had. Never had any trouble on it. My 1026 doesn't have a strap. It's held in place with a metal rod. 1025 needed a new design because the one on the 1026's worked. :dunno: I also have a air filter gauge telling me when to replace the filter. So far everything works.

You know the saying, "if it works, fix it".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Factory Strap a POS

I would steer clear of buying the replacement part UNLESS they improved the design 1000%! A few weeks back I found what looked like a 10 year old, partially broken strap on my driveway. I thought it fell off something one of my sons was using. I tossed it since it was broke and looked so old. Yesterday I investigated a rattle under the hood. Guess what was missing!? And all 3 bolts that hold the bracket to the engine were loose. Piss poor design JD!

That strap is $20 (LVA16535).

Reactions: hemi225

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Naw, go to Home Depot and buy a 2 buck bungee cord. Works great. The rubber is much heavier than the crap strap supplied by Deere. And you can buy a whole lot of um to a single crap strap.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts