Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know if I could use a 72D auto-connect MMM on a 1025r?

The reason I ask is because I am in the market to purchase a new 1025r but have seen a few brandy new 72D decks for sale locally around me for well under $2k. When I build out the 1025r with a 60 MMM it would add $3400(+ish). So my thoughts is to buy the tractor without the MMM and purchase the 72D separate and save a few thousand bucks. Just unsure as to if it would work? Local dealer only sees the 54 and 60” deck options available so wasn’t of help to me when I asked this question.

I should add that I have about 3-4 acres of mowing which is nice and flat so I’m not worried about any scalping concerns.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
12,714 Posts
For what it is worth the Build your Own site only shows the 54D and 60D as mower deck options.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For what it is worth the Build your Own site only shows the 54D and 60D as mower deck options.
I see that too, but I’m really curious as to what makes the 72 not an option. I can’t think it’s the linkage, maybe the depth encroaching on the rear tires? Things that make you go hmmmm...

·
Premium Member
5,784 Posts
I think it would run it. My 400 with a 20hp gas power Kohler runs a 60. I think the 1025r would have the power to mow with a 72 unless it was really tall but slowing down is an option.

The issue might be fitting it under and making all the brackets since none of them available are going to hook up. The next issue would be if the gearbox would be in the right place so there was not interference.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it would run it. My 400 with a 20hp gas power Kohler runs a 60. I think the 1025r would have the power to mow with a 72 unless it was really tall but slowing down is an option.

The issue might be fitting it under and making all the brackets since none of them available are going to hook up. The next issue would be if the gearbox would be in the right place so there was not interference.
Back to the drawing board I go. Thought I had a good money saver here. LOL

·
Administrator
18,288 Posts
It might run it, but I don't see how it would fit between the front and rear wheels...plus you'd have to fab up all the mounting brackets.

·
Administrator
20,861 Posts
I seriously doubt it would fit between the front and rear wheels. The 72” decks are considerably fatter front to rear because of the larger blades.

·
Administrator
20,861 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
I once ran my Frontier GM1072R behind my 1025R. It did it, but didn't like it. Not enough horsepower.

Pics or it didn't happen Homer Simpson.

·
Premium Member
5,784 Posts
I once ran my Frontier GM1072R behind my 1025R. It did it, but didn't like it. Not enough horsepower.

Pics or it didn't happen Homer Simpson.
Sorry.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, so I'm at purchasing stage and am deciding to step up my game to a larger SCUT to aid with my 11 acre property (3-4 which is mowed). I figure, while I'll probably be ok and like the 1 series, but I'm just not sure if 6 years down the road I'm going to want something a little larger. So I'm I'm going to just trust my gut and go the route of a 2032r. :greentractorride:

I still have 72D autoconnects that I have found locally for cheaper than new. One I have found is from a 3520 and was purchased about 5 years ago (never used).

So my question now is... are the 72Ds from different years interchangeable? My dealer seems to think it should work as long as I have my 2032 setup with the mid PTO connection. Sure would be good to save a little coin here. :gizmo:

As always, thank you gurus!

·
Registered
650 Posts
I personally would get a new deck. The auto connect is a must have in my book. Unless you know the deck comes with all the brackets and other parts and are sure it would fit the newer 2 series, I would pass on it.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Ok, so I'm at purchasing stage and am deciding to step up my game to a larger SCUT to aid with my 11 acre property (3-4 which is mowed). I figure, while I'll probably be ok and like the 1 series, but I'm just not sure if 6 years down the road I'm going to want something a little larger. So I'm I'm going to just trust my gut and go the route of a 2032r. :greentractorride:

I still have 72D autoconnects that I have found locally for cheaper than new. One I have found is from a 3520 and was purchased about 5 years ago (never used).

So my question now is... are the 72Ds from different years interchangeable? My dealer seems to think it should work as long as I have my 2032 setup with the mid PTO connection. Sure would be good to save a little coin here. :gizmo:

As always, thank you gurus!
2032R! I have tractor envy. That's my dream machine. I just don't need one.

Anyways, we all want to save money, but if you are financing at 0%, it may be worth your while to purchase a brand new mmm. No fitment problems and warranty. Just thinking out loud. :unknown:

·
Registered
626 Posts
I don’t believe that decks are compatible between different model tractors. Just because it is a 60D doesn’t mean the one for the 1025 is identical to the 2032. I personally wouldn’t risk it. Because if you get the tractor without mower and then find your used deck doesn’t work, you are out the price of the deck AND have to now buy a new one and you can’t use the 0% financing when not purchased with the tractor.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
When I purchased my 1025Rs, there were a few new-on-the-pallet decks being offered on Craig's List for $1800, if memory serves me correctly. They were the deck only, no lift linkage or driveshaft. By the time I added all that stuff to them, it was more cost effective to just purchase a deck from the dealer. JD was running a two implement promo at the time, so that may have impacted the dollars.

Those supporting items add up quickly. I believe the autoconnect driveshaft is around $500 by itself.

If you go back to looking at a 1025R, there is a 60D deck on Mpls Craig's List presently going for $1500.00. Shipping can be an issue, but Fastenal will back haul on their store delivery trucks fairly reasonably. I purchased a slightly used 54D, w/mulch kit, driveshaft, & linkage, that I found on the GTT classifieds last year and the only reason we were able to make the deal was utilizing Fastenal's shipping service.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts