Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I posted photos and post about using my 1025r and Landpride FDR2560. The 2560 is a heavier gear box and frame support mower. I really liked it but it was slightly too heavy as I had to heavily weight the front. After speaking with Landpride I decided to change to the FDR1660 and found that it is just right for the tractor. PTO power was never an issue but ballast was. I can use the mower without adding any weight to the front. I did put the loader back on tractor and have left the belly mower as I can use it for close work. My other mower was readily taken by my son-in-law for his farm. I did look at the Frontier but never could get a deal going on one and have been very familar with the Landpride for many years. The heavier model had the 50 H.P. gear box and this model has the lighter box. Passing along for informational purposes.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Recently I posted photos and post about using my 1025r and Landpride FDR2560. The 2560 is a heavier gear box and frame support mower. I really liked it but it was slightly too heavy as I had to heavily weight the front. After speaking with Landpride I decided to change to the FDR1660 and found that it is just right for the tractor. PTO power was never an issue but ballast was. I can use the mower without adding any weight to the front. I did put the loader back on tractor and have left the belly mower as I can use it for close work. My other mower was readily taken by my son-in-law for his farm. I did look at the Frontier but never could get a deal going on one and have been very familar with the Landpride for many years. The heavier model had the 50 H.P. gear box and this model has the lighter box. Passing along for informational purposes.
Do you think that a 1025 could handle the 6 ft model of the lighter version on a large, fairly flat area with no obstacles?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.