Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up a Landpride FDR2560. I've owned this model before and used on a 790. I know Landpride has the 1660 now and is a little lighter, however I can't seem to find the exact weight. I run a FRD2572 on my 4400 and just for kicks I tried to see if my 1025R would pick it up and and it barely got it off the ground. I had my quick hitch on the 1025r which is 70 lbs. I didn't pull the quick hit and try it, but I'm sure it would have gotten it a little higher. Having said that my plans is to not use the quick hitch at all and set the mower with the closest arm connections. I have a hydraulic center link which I can tilt without problems. Anyway the price I'm paying I'm sure I could trade unit or even use it with the 4400 but I think it will be okay on the 1025r. I have 7 weights on the front. Any experience with this on the forum.

·
Premium Member
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've investigated my own questions. Went ahead and purchased the FDR2560. This model is no longer being sold by Landpride. They've replaced it with the lighter 1660. I was concerned about the weight and could not find the exact weight of the 2560 before purchasing. I knew the H.P. was okay as I ran one on a 790. Anyway I did not use the quick hitch and mounted the mower as close to the tractor as possible. I also have a hydraulic 3rd top link which really helps with these mowers and other items. Overwhelming the combination is a sucess. I used 7 weights on the front of the tractor. I'm sure the 1660 would also be fine. I left the belly mower on and plan to use it also. It works as a guide also for the rear mower so I've trained myself not to shoulder look. The finish mower works hand down better than the hanging belly mower or the zero turn I used to own. Very, very good quaility. Anyway it's a keeper combination.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Wow that's huge. I guess with all swivel wheels there isn't much reason to lift it anyway. (y)

·
Premium Member
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's actually no larger than the 1660, except the 1660 has lighter rails and gear box....save some weight....the unit is very, very stable on ground....

·
Premium Member
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As additional information to anyone concerned...the H.P. of tractor is fine...very little on the governor and you can run at mid rpm without any governor lag...very, very, smooth. The hydraulics hand the weight fine but it a bit heavier than the 1660. I think the difference in weight of the gear box is what is significant. The 1660 has the light gear box which has the 1 year warranty. My gear box is the 3 year or heavy model. They use this gear box on several model of the 25 series. I've had about 6-8 of these landprides and they are super. This one is in like new condition, I am replacing one shield. What also is interesting is I keep the belly mower in place and this adds to the lower center of gravity for the tractor and I can also engage it for close up. Also something neat is I use the mower for the tracking gauge. But like I say I've had Landpride over the past 40 years so am very familar with them. One thing I really like is being away from debrie and grooming effect of the rear discharge. I've never really liked side shoot mowers as you have a mess unless you keep your lawn groomed low. The weight factor is the gear box and side rails. But anyway writing to give a review for those that may be interested. Please don't use the mower unless you add the pocket weights to the front of the tractor as you'd suffer steering instability .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.