Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Behlen Country post hole digger will work on a Deere 1025R? I wasn't sure if clearance is an issue with this particular attachment, considering it's going on a subcompact. Thanks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Does anyone know if the Behlen Country post hole digger will work on a Deere 1025R? I wasn't sure if clearance is an issue with this particular attachment, considering it's going on a subcompact. Thanks.
Everything Attachments has a Sub Compact model. They even have a video on the website.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes it should, be carful & always have a spare hand when installing and removing so you don’t break off the center "transmission housing" mount ear. P.s. if you have a fleet farm or farm fleet store the country pro seems to be identical @449.00 if you buy online & pickup in store usually 10% off. I have the country pro with a 12" auger but I live in sand country

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have a Behlen Country PHD (9") on my 1025. I just barely clears the ground but I wire it up for transport around the yard.
I was going to shorten the auger about 4" but I own it with another guy that uses the full length.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. The Behlen I can buy locally is a lot less $$$ than the Everything Attachments one, hence my interest in that particular brand. But the clearance is a concern since I've had this issue numerous times with the 1025R. It's a nice enough machine but the "limited" part of Limited Category One isn't an understatement! I've found that the extra expense for implements that'll fit a subcompact would go a long way to paying for a bigger machine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
TheOtherChris, how do you wire it up?
Justchillaxin1, that's the price I'm seeing locally. Hence my interest in it versus the Everything Attachment's one.

·
Registered
446 Posts
TheOtherChris, how do you wire it up?
Justchillaxin1, that's the price I'm seeing locally. Hence my interest in it versus the Everything Attachment's one.
With the tractor OFF, pull the auger up towards the PTO shaft and wrap a piece of wire around it and the boom.
When you get to the first hole, undo the wire and commence to digging.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With the tractor OFF, pull the auger up towards the PTO shaft and wrap a piece of wire around it and the boom.
When you get to the first hole, undo the wire and commence to digging.
Sounds like I'd be better off with trying to find one with a 36" auger as opposed to the (what seem like more standard) 48"~ ones. Guess that rules out the Behlen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts