Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to dig a hole with a 6" auger and the tractor hydraulics wouldn't pull the auger back out of the ground. I went down as slow as I could, pulling it up often, tractor rpm about 2200. I had the same experience with my old 2305 earlier this year. Am i doing something wrong, or am I expecting too much?
Thanks

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Are you pulling while it is spinning?

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Does 3 point pick up other implements with no issue?

Ballast Box

Bush Hog

Heavy type stuff ?

Is the Rate of drop knob opened up?
Should not affect ability to lift but more so the speed it will lift and drop the 3.
If its cranked in that could be part of the answer.....but there must be more going on here.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I have run into this kind of thing when I hit a rock deep in the hole. I like the tip from jermedic, I'll have to try that next time. Luckily I don't have to dig holes that often.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does 3 point pick up other implements with no issue?

Ballast Box

Bush Hog

Heavy type stuff ?

Is the Rate of drop knob opened up?
Should not affect ability to lift but more so the speed it will lift and drop the 3.
If its cranked in that could be part of the answer.....but there must be more going on here.
It lifts the 48" tiller(JD647) ok. Tried the hydraulic speed knob on the 2305, but it only controls down speed as far as I can tell.
I have to think there are others out there with the same tractor/postholedigger combo.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I've got the same PH digger on a 2025R gen 2 and it'll lift it out of a hole no problem while spinning and I'm using a 9" auger. Of course if it screws itself into the ground all bets are off. But if it can spin, never had an issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have heard a pro tip to drill down with front end of tractor raised by the loader bucket - when you get stuck, pull up the bucket and it dislodges
That brings up a second possible related problem. With the old 2305 I could lift the tractor front end off the ground, with the new 1025R, it will not. When i first got it, I figured they changed something. Is that wrong? Should the loader push down enough on the 1025R to lift the front wheels? Mine won't.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Is it possible one of your FEL connections is "lose" or whatever...and this is in turn affecting your 3. lift?

Lots of goofyness happens when a connection is lose.

·
Registered
2013 D130, 2022 1025R
87 Posts
Have heard a pro tip to drill down with front end of tractor raised by the loader bucket - when you get stuck, pull up the bucket and it dislodges
I'd probably wait until it got stuck, then lift the front of the tractor, while lifting the 3PL, then dropping the front to get the extra vertical pull.
Locking the tractor to the ground with the loader before drilling the hole wouldn't be the best as the auger wants to move around a bit when drilling and wants to push the tractor forward, if it doesn't, then the hole doesn't go straight down.

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
I've had my auger stick but have always been able to power it out, and I have a 1023e. My thought is that you've disturbed the harpies from hell and they have reached up and grabbed your auger. Your only choice now is to bring a bible to the site and say 10 hail Mary's and 20 or so Our Fathers. Immidiately after that take the bible and beat the [email protected] out of the auger. The harpies will then let go and the auger will come out.

• Love
Reactions: MattL

·
Registered
2022 1025R
226 Posts
I do not have a post hole digger (except manual ones) but I've seen a couple youtube videos.

Seems common for auger to screw into ground and not want to come back up. Soil type and auger tip design contribute to that. Some guys say they put less aggressive tips on and it worked better.

My 1025r loader and bucket will easily lift the front end, no hesitation there at all. It is a 2022 with the 120R.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
That brings up a second possible related problem. With the old 2305 I could lift the tractor front end off the ground, with the new 1025R, it will not. When i first got it, I figured they changed something. Is that wrong? Should the loader push down enough on the 1025R to lift the front wheels? Mine won't.
Thanks
Do you have the bucket curled down when you try to lift the tractor? If the bucket is level the loader probably doesn't have enough travel/range of motion to pick up the tractor.

Reactions: JR Diyer

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Throttle up?

where you at on the tach?

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts