Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I do not have a post hole digger (except manual ones) but I've seen a couple youtube videos.

Seems common for auger to screw into ground and not want to come back up. Soil type and auger tip design contribute to that. Some guys say they put less aggressive tips on and it worked better.

My 1025r loader and bucket will easily lift the front end, no hesitation there at all. It is a 2022 with the 120R.
I tried putting the bucket down on edge. It lifted the tractor fine. I just wasn't paying any attention to the physics of the loader. The loader cylinders are fully retracted at ground level. Don't remember the 2305 loader doing that.
I tried removing the tip, but it would not go down at all. I may look for a less agressivee tip. The one that comes with it is a 6" screw.
Thanks

·
Registered
27,279 Posts
It’s easy for the auger to get caught on a rock or root.

That’s where a really big pipe wrench comes in handy - unscrew the auger by hand.

I bent an auger once trying to get it out. After that from then on the really big pipe wrench and cheater bar was always with me. Tons of roots where I try to dig holes.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Idle the tractor with a PH digger. it's one implement that you don't want brute force... that's how you break s*#@ like the casting
Or at the very least, break shear bolts needlessly.

Reactions: 12dbsinad
21 - 24 of 24 Posts