Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 1025R with the auto connect mid mount mower. I took the mover off so that I could move some dirt around with my bucket. Went to reinstall the mower and the auto connect PTO is way too high and turn upward. All other connections for the deck seem to line up. Minor adjustment or do I need JD to come? out and repair.

·
Registered
748 Posts
rfat3000,

I think this thread might be a big help to you.....

If yours looks like the first pic in this thread, then your PTO shaft has just gotten stuck. As the lift bracket lowers, the connector should drop. If the shaft is stuck, the connector will be at a very odd angle..

I posted some pics of the shaft and were to grease on page 6 or 7 ..... I think

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/20903-help-cant-get-my-60d-autoconnect-back-my-1025r-5.html

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
I've seen this before. With the mower lift connected to its hydraulic line, lower the lift assembly all the way down. Watch it and play with it a little to make sure it goes all the way down. There's not much weight from just the lift assembly. It's used to having the entire weight of the mowing deck to pull it down. Note that you have only one line for hydraulics (which is lift) for the MMM. When you operate the lever to lower it, the weight of whatever is on the hydraulic cylinder is all that is forcing the fluid out. There is not a second line to force it out with hydraulic pressure. You may even need to pull the connecting assembly down a bit. Make sure you get it all the way down.

Keane

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
If you think your auto connect goes on rough, you should see mine since the wife dove over it in the driveway with her SUV, it takes an act of god for it to attach, quick is 20 minutes and a 3' prybar.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
So you are married to my sister in law. My wife did the same thing to a 108 I had the deck off of. She roared up the drive saw me laying on my back changing oil and greasing the tractor next thing I heard was her driving over the deck. Of course it was my fault. Good luck:lol:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
Lube all moving parts.

Reactions: keane

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
So you are married to my sister in law. My wife did the same thing to a 108 I had the deck off of. She roared up the drive saw me laying on my back changing oil and greasing the tractor next thing I heard was her driving over the deck. Of course it was my fault. Good luck:lol:
I'm amazed she didn't run over you to miss the deck. lol
Or just run over everything including you.
It's like they don't even look where they are going. lol

Reactions: Levi

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Maybe you could post some pics of the issue . I'm sure it is probably something simple . I would go through the sticky thread about how to setup your mower as dealers are notorious for not taking the time to properly adjust the deck . Good luck and keep us posted with your progress . :munch:

Reactions: Levi and Ray_PA

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rfat3000,

I think this thread might be a big help to you.....

If yours looks like the first pic in this thread, then your PTO shaft has just gotten stuck. As the lift bracket lowers, the connector should drop. If the shaft is stuck, the connector will be at a very odd angle..

I posted some pics of the shaft and were to grease on page 6 or 7 ..... I think

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/20903-help-cant-get-my-60d-autoconnect-back-my-1025r-5.html

Good luck.
That is the exact problem that I have. I have taken the PTO shaft off and it moves about 1 1/2" to 2". It is lubed well. I see a stop pin when it is pushed to the rear. I can not get it to move forward. Any suggestions? Thank you for all of your help.

·
Registered
748 Posts
That is the exact problem that I have. I have taken the PTO shaft off and it moves about 1 1/2" to 2". It is lubed well. I see a stop pin when it is pushed to the rear. I can not get it to move forward. Any suggestions? Thank you for all of your help.

There should be about 4 inches difference in length on the PTO shaft from full out to full in... Sometimes they're sticky. Pull or push hard, it will move....

DSCF7152.JPG
DSCF7151.JPG

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok after standing on it with my 200lbs and several hard jerks, it finally broke loose and all is well. Thank you to the people of this forum for helping me to figure out that little issue.
:usa

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
I don't know exactly what happened, but, "200 lbs. and several hard jerks" doesn't sound right!!! This linkage and driveshaft should function with not interference.

Before using the MMM, you should take a good look at all of the MMM driveshaft parts.
Make sure the MMM driveshaft is connect correctly at the mid PTO connect at the front of the differential.
When connecting it to the tractor, drive over the deck and stop. Look under the tractor to assure the driveshaft is aligned with the MMM spline shaft.

Reactions: Levi and etcallhome

·
Registered
23,109 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Mmm

Just my luck, I took off my 54" front blower and installed the MMM linkage last week. I posted in the good morning thread that there would be snow because I took off the blower!!! I also lubed the MMM quick connect linkage and also cleaned and lubed the,"height, install,lock-dial". The first thing I would do is start the tractor up and move the three point lever up and down and see if the MMM pto linkage goes up and down. I took pics Before removing that linkage and would be glad to post them if you need them. Make sure your,"dial" setting is in install and make sure that pto drop speed valve below the seat is full open. Your mower linkage should go up and down as you use the lever. if it doesn't and your 3 pt rear goes up and down than I would check the MMM linkage for proper installation. Those turn buckles that suspend the lift arms of the MMM linkage have to be hung the right way. The rest is pins and clips.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts