Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took off my plastic discharge chute because all it does is catch on things unless you bungey it up and then it does nothing....
Taking a look at any quality commercial mower you'll see they all have rubber flaps that will just bend out of the way and reform. Here's the pics of my process. Simply fit a mud flap over the existing holes in the deck, bent some straight stock, drilled some holes, drilled a square hole in my deck and cut the flap to fit, welded painted and secured it down. Works great! Tire Machine Vehicle
Automotive wheel system Automotive tire
Green Fender Bumper
Green
Vehicle Machine Wheel

Hope this helps someone else out before they break their plastic chute. Personally I think Deere should have engineered it this way to begin with.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
So I took off my plastic discharge chute because all it does is catch on things unless you bungey it up and then it does nothing....
Taking a look at any quality commercial mower you'll see they all have rubber flaps that will just bend out of the way and reform. Here's the pics of my process. Simply fit a mud flap over the existing holes in the deck, bent some straight stock, drilled some holes, drilled a square hole in my deck and cut the flap to fit, welded painted and secured it down. Works great! View attachment 46524 View attachment 46525 View attachment 46526 View attachment 46527 View attachment 46528
Hope this helps someone else out before they break their plastic chute. Personally I think Deere should have engineered it this way to begin with.
s1283, now that's a good idea u got going on their, big jim, and looks good too:munch:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Be careful. I've run commercial mowers where the rubber chute will push under the deck and get chopped up pretty readily. In my experience, pushing them against a tree or something forces them to bend down instead of flip up

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Be careful. I've run commercial mowers where the rubber chute will push under the deck and get chopped up pretty readily. In my experience, pushing them against a tree or something forces them to bend down instead of flip up
Thanks, I realize that could be a potential hazard, however it's a free mudflap from a tractor trailer and I would rather replace free than buy a new chute from JD at a premium. Plus I still get protection from throwing rocks and debris

Reactions: BigJim55 and Levi

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Free always works better anyway! Looks good
The most expensive part of the build was the carriage bolt for the square hole I made and the can of green JD paint lol
Was able to scab the metal from a previous project and the mudflap from a local garage.

Reactions: Levi
1 - 7 of 7 Posts