Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somewhat surprised that there has been no comments about the access or lack of access to the backhoe controls on the new 1025r set ups. I know from the many years experience with my Uncle's backhoe and now my 2014 how we were always reaching back to maneuver the boom and feet into position. Now having said that I can see that the new 1025r is a real stable platform however I now find my self using my thumb and equipment on the fly from the driver's compartment. In my case I also have the front attached quickhatch plate where I can use rock rake and the like also on the front. I wondered why Deere didn't offer the 1 seat 2 seat option. I found that by replacing the swivel rod with stainless the problem of breakage went away. I do say that JD has a flagship tractor in the 1025r and the size and maneuverability is the value.

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
I tend to agree. I personally like the swivel seat over the two seat style for the exact reason you stated. I'm not sure you can reach back from the driving position and manipulate the BH controls with the BH seat flipped back.

I too replaced my swivel seat linkage with stainless steel swivel joints that I got from McMaster Carr, problem solved.

Reactions: Toughsox

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm not sure you can reach back from the driving position and manipulate the BH controls with the BH seat flipped back.
I do it all the time, you just need to have insanely long monkey-arms :yahoo: Truth be told, I probably *shouldn't* be doing it a lot, the weight of the boom is certainly enough to up the pucker factor if it's not centered and you are driving along. ESPECIALLY if you're only looking ahead half the time and looking back the other half, I'm sure it makes for quite the show... :munch:

·
Registered
405 Posts
While it's a valid point, I don't see many cases why you would need to operate the backhoe while driving. The boom and swing are pinned in place as well as the stabilizers now with the new model so no worries of leak down (it's supposed to be pinned during transport anyway) , the bucket leaks down a small amount but doesn't affect anything. I suppose there are instances where you would need to, but not something JD probably considers important.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts