Green Tractor Talk banner

1025r backup lighting?

12K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  keane 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 1025r? I want to install backup lights to it for blowing snow. My old x595 had them when I pressed the reverse pedal. Not sure if there is a prewired circuit on these or if I can relay any existing reverse switch.

#2 ·
There's no such circuit in place for backup lighting, at least from the factory. There is a pigtail already in place at the base of your ROPS for either fwd facing lights or rear facing work lights. That circuit comes on and stays on on certain headlight switch positions.

#18 ·
Replace the switch

I know that this thead is a little aged, but there is a simple solution. Locate the existing switch that the reverse pedal hits, take out the two screws that hold it in place. Zip tie the switch closed with the wiring intact and lay it aside. Purchase Stens 430-213 Reverse Switch on Amazon. It its the same switch used on many lawn tractors (less than $10.00). The switch has a normally open side and a normally closed side. Run a new hot wire to the switch and then power lights that you install. When you hit the reverse pedal the lights come on. I added this to my 2017 a couple of years ago and it works great.

#4 ·
The RIO switch lives on the transmission speed/direction lever input. It's on the right hand side, near the top of the hydrostatic trans.

Auto part Vehicle Engine Car Suspension

This picture is of a 1026R, before RIO and the newer 1025Rs. But the linkage is similar.

I don't have a diagram of the RIO circuit....

#5 · (Edited)
The reverse pedal is tied to the power take off controls...has to be a switch somewhere in the pedal linkage, I'd think.

Discard this thought...didn't read the last post...

#6 ·
I would think the easiest maybe to use the Existing Rops rear light pigtail circuit and just add a micro switch and two wires to connect to the reverse pedal to do the switching, no relay required or disturbing the factory wiring.

#8 ·
I've always wondered the same thing. When I had the 2210 bought digital clocks from Adv , Wally World , after a yr or so tractor setting in sun display would fade. One evening I was in Wally World waiting for wife (normal thing ) standing beside cheap analog waterproof wrist watches I think at that time $6 . I take the wrist band off, get some velcro with sticky back then stick it to the dash. Every couple of yrs I buy a new one instead of putting in a new battery. Saves trying to look at the wrist all the time.

#14 ·
#15 ·
#23 ·
I took the easy way out, I think. I bought two LED lights, two magnetic brackets, two cigarette lighter plugs, and one two-into-one cigarette lighter sockets/plug. put it all together and mounted them on the ROPS. Easily removed when not required and I can use it on pretty much anything, including the front of the tractor or the roof of my pick-up. Just putting it out there........

#24 · (Edited)
I did the same. A couple of $12 LED driving floods on a $3.00 magnetic base and stuck them to the Deere light bracket guard. They're rotatable and tilt-able. Those aux lights, both the front facing LED lights and the rear-facing ones, are wired into the factory harness. They come on with the light switch in position "D". Wiring it to the RIO switch so that it comes on automatically with the reverse pedal seems unnecessarily complicated to me. If you're snowblowing in reverse...just leave 'em on, seems to me.....

#25 ·
Did this about a year ago

I designed backup lighting for my 1025R and I tied it into the tractor's reverse switch. It has been working flawlessly for the past year.

You can see a description and schematic diagram, including connections into the tractor's existing wiring, in this post. If you follow down through the thread you'll find a video showing how they work.

Keane

Reactions: Toughsox
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.