Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to cut off the bagger chute on a 1025r?? My dealer doesn't know, I was wondering if anyone here knew for sure. Otherwise I will just measure and cut it myself.

·
Administrator
18,343 Posts
Ask Randy Lang, he is a vendor here on GTT and the most knowledgeable on these systems.

Reactions: Randy Lang

·
Registered
245 Posts
20160514_115952.jpg

Here is a shot of mine. Have not installed it yet. 3 bagger 14 model. Bought used.

20160514_115603.jpg

20160514_115642.jpg

20160514_115912.jpg

The white piece of paper is showing the insert distance so it's not rear critical I guess?

20160514_115744.jpg

Randog

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hey Randog,

I just wanted to reply real quick to your post. Please forgive me if I am assuming something incorrect, but don't cut the back of your chute if thats what your measurements are showing. The rear should never be cut as that curve is what distributes grass evenly into the bags. The cut lines people refer to are on the other end of the chute. There are lines labled A,B,C,D,E. The model of tractor is what determines where the chute is to be cut. That same chute is used on everything from an X500 to a 2 Family Compacy Utility.

I can help with cut advice if you let me know what tractor your are installing it on and what mounting system your are using for the hopper, whether it be the JD Draw Bar mount our my MCS I-Match Mount.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hey Randog,

I just wanted to reply real quick to your post. Please forgive me if I am assuming something incorrect, but don't cut the back of your chute if thats what your measurements are showing. The rear should never be cut as that curve is what distributes grass evenly into the bags. The cut lines people refer to are on the other end of the chute. There are lines labled A,B,C,D,E. The model of tractor is what determines where the chute is to be cut. That same chute is used on everything from an X500 to a 2 Family Compacy Utility.

I can help with cut advice if you let me know what tractor your are installing it on and what mounting system your are using for the hopper, whether it be the JD Draw Bar mount our my MCS I-Match Mount.
Thanks Randy.
This is a used system I picked up off a 2013 1025R so I didn't cut anything. Didn't realize the other end gets cut off.
This is the unit that mounts to the frame with 3 large bolts and holds the 3 bags.
Mine appears it was cut off at the "D" (see picture) Was on a 60" deck so I figured it would bolt up to my deck with no issues.

20160514_191920.jpg

Just trying to help someone out.
Not an expert.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
439 Posts
Thanks Randy.
This is a used system I picked up off a 2013 1025R so I didn't cut anything. Didn't realize the other end gets cut off.
This is the unit that mounts to the frame with 3 large bolts and holds the 3 bags.
Mine appears it was cut off at the "D" (see picture) Was on a 60" deck so I figured it would bolt up to my deck with no issues.

View attachment 178722

Just trying to help someone out.
Not an expert.
Yep, you should be just fine at cut line D for the draw bar mount on a 1 Series. That is shere the dealers cut them. If you ever get tired of dealing with that mounting system, look me up. It is a real pain if you use an I-Match for anything of your other rear implements.

Enjoy your tractor!

Randy

·
Registered
439 Posts
Does anyone know where to cut off the bagger chute on a 1025r?? My dealer doesn't know, I was wondering if anyone here knew for sure. Otherwise I will just measure and cut it myself.
Meyer1025.

The dealer boys cut the chutes at D for the 1 Series with the draw bar mount. If your looking at my system for mounting the hopper, (now or sometime in the future,) you need to leave it at B or you will be shoping for a new chute!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Good info Randy. Surprised meyer1025r hasn't chimed in.

Wish I had seen your system before I picked up the used powerflow. May have re-thought that purchase.

The drawbar type mount is no lightweight date, and when installed you can't use the 3 point or stick the backhoe on for a quick job. And, like you stated, I will need a new chute to get the reach required to convert now. (will be looking for a used A or B cut chute)

I didn't go with the I-match due to the backhoe being my loader ballast. I may just move the powerflow system to the old 445 and relegate it to spring and fall leaf duty.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Meyer1025.

The dealer boys cut the chutes at D for the 1 Series with the draw bar mount. If your looking at my system for mounting the hopper, (now or sometime in the future,) you need to leave it at B or you will be shoping for a new chute!
Thanks for all the help guys, looks like I have to make a decision on which way I want to go, stick with the draw bar mount or with the i-match.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts