Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this thing connected right? Seems like it from other pics ive seen. But what do the silver colored bracket/braces do? Maybe me dealer put em on for the heck of it!
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
20,896 Posts
Those are your anti-sway braces. They should be connected near where the arms connect to the tractor. There’s a linchpin there for that very purpose. :good2:

Get them installed and then remove the lock ring stopping them from rotating. Then snug them up, but not tight, to prevent 3 point hitch sway.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome thanks guys!! And oops i did it wrong. I put The big angley bars on the outside pins where those stabilizers should go. They should be on the inside pins. I think.. gotta go bacl down to the garage and check in a bit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Awesome thanks guys!! And oops i did it wrong. I put The big angley bars on the outside pins where those stabilizers should go. They should be on the inside pins. I think.. gotta go bacl down to the garage and check in a bit.

The stabilizers hook on the tractor, not the ballast box. If you look forward of where they are hanging, you'll see where they hook on with the lynch pin in it.

You should have a ring that goes through the hole in one of the threaded ends inside the turnbuckle, then goes around the turnbuckle. I don't see the ring on yours (assume you took them off?). One you hook them back up (loose end forward), tighten the turnbuckle like described above and place that ring back in to prevent it from spinning loose.

They keep the bars from moving side-to-side while you're working.

As a side note, this is one of the areas that makes a quick-hitch (iMatch or other) handy. You hook everything up and adjust it and don't have to mess with it when you change attachments.

·
Registered
748 Posts

You are correct....

Yellow = lift arm
green = pto shield... flip up or remove it temporarily if you need to for room
red = frame
blue = stabilizer.

DSCF8528.JPG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts