Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to build a bigger shed for my implements and tractor. Tractor will stay here in the summer, heated garage in the winter.
12x24 with 4x24 porch for my smoker. Half will be loft inside. Headroom upstairs is just over 5’.

will put the gable overhangs on tomorrow and put the sheathing on. More to come.

·
Registered
13,732 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,080 Posts
(y) (y)

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
That looks like a fun project. I would like to build something like that but I don't have a need for more buildings at the moment.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice barn. Those trusses look to have some real engineering to them. Looking forward to more pictures. 👍🏻
I set up an assembly line for sure. 76 2x6s and 114 gusset plates. All glued and stapled. Easier to cut than they look but very time consuming to assemble.

Wirh the current price of lumber, that's a $50k building....looks great. Also looking forward to more pics.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
It’s definitely not cheap right now but about half of what it’s been. To have a smaller building delivered was over 10k. I’ve got about 7500 in right now. Plus it’s more fun to build.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Nice 👍 Looking forward to seeing the rest of the build.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,828 Posts
NICE! (y)

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
(y)Im curious how that floor will hold up under all that weight.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very nice! T1-11 or Smart side?
T1-11

(y)Im curious how that floor will hold up under all that weight.
Treated 2x6 joists on the 4x4 ground contact runners(spaced 4’). Floor joists 16 OC. 3/4” treated tongue and groove plywood.

I feel pretty good about it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
T1-11

Treated 2x6 joists on the 4x4 ground contact runners(spaced 4’). Floor joists 16 OC. 3/4” treated tongue and groove plywood.

I have pretty much the same setup on my shed and I can say that you might double up on the flooring. I had noticeable cupping from lawn tractors that would sit in between the joists. I ran a second layer of 3/4" OSB in the opposite direction and it's vastly more stable. That was with a 60" Zero turn mower and D160 lawn tractor. There's no way my 2025R at the time would have not caused some damage. It's a lot easier to do when you build instead of having to take everything back out again.

·
Registered
181 Posts

I purchased a pre-built shed for my 1025, a couple years in the floor has sagged under the wheels. I'll second what VASteelersGuy said, second layer of 3/4 or thicker floor material.

Kevin

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
What scares me is the loose gravel the structure is sitting on. Its a beautiful building wish i had one like it but with a concrete floor for rigidity. I'm jealous :)

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
I set up an assembly line for sure. 76 2x6s and 114 gusset plates. All glued and stapled. Easier to cut than they look but very time consuming to assemble.

It’s definitely not cheap right now but about half of what it’s been. To have a smaller building delivered was over 10k. I’ve got about 7500 in right now. Plus it’s more fun to build.
So you built the trusses yourself? Was this your design?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.