Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While using the 260B to knock dirt out of the root-ball for a massive, uprooted tree:

( before I started, the ball was more than double in height )

I got down for a reposition and noticed this:

I must have caught it on another downed tree or something without realizing it. I really don’t know how it happened. I’m pretty annoyed that it happened. I bent it back with a 4 ft long piece of fence post , but it seems like maybe JD engineers should rethink these fragile little bad-boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 2012 backhoe doesn't have those latches. I don't think you'd miss them if you junked them.
What do you use to cope with the stabilizers drooping? A couple rubber straps?

Reactions: JD4044M

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
I don’t have that model, but it looks fairly well engineered. The metal looks fairly thick. I have a 46 backhoe and my stabilizers seeped down the first year but haven’t seeped down since then. I have no clue why they stopped seeping.

Reactions: JD4044M and Gizmo2

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would be introducing that bracket to Mr. Impact. They seam great for one thing bumping up the profit margins and long term storage. A ratchet strap would solve the same problem. Never seen brackets like that on full size backhoes.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I would be introducing that bracket to Mr. Impact. They seam great for one thing bumping up the profit margins and long term storage. A ratchet strap would solve the same problem. Never seen brackets like that on full size backhoes.
The big Case backhoe the town I work for owns has latches released from inside the cab. Not sure if its a factory thing or not, but its an older model.
Same with the hoe itself. It has a latch that holds it upright also, released from the cab. I noticed it one day when I was near where they were working.
It wasnt something Id seen on any of the other backhoes Id seen used around the area either.

As to the OP, Im not sure I follow how this happened.
They are bent backwards, towards the hoe, so it looks like something was drug backwards across them, which would mean it had to be drug across the top of the stabilizer too.
Am I seeing it wrong?
Just trying to get an idea of what the dynamics are of this happening because I have a 260B too, though Ive not had anything like that happen yet, and would rather not.

·
Registered
929 Posts
What do you use to cope with the stabilizers drooping? A couple rubber straps?
That’s what I use for mine, rubber bungee straps. Short enough so I just connect them together

·
Premium Member
3,973 Posts
My Loader Leaks Down over time.

My loader during the summer leaks down way faster then in the winter with the fluid cold. Been leaving my rear blade sticking out of my tent Building not having enough for the whole tractor. So I had a idea now I raise my bucket up all the way and set it against the second floor and pull it a lot further. The Railing on the second floor will support the loader no problem. All this time I was tripping over the bucket or rear blade till I did it this way! Live and learn how to do stuff every day. 100_1508.JPG Lot easier to get around to my work bench now.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As to the OP, Im not sure I follow how this happened.
They are bent backwards, towards the hoe, so it looks like something was drug backwards across them, which would mean it had to be drug across the top of the stabilizer too.
Am I seeing it wrong?
Just trying to get an idea of what the dynamics are of this happening because I have a 260B too, though Ive not had anything like that happen yet, and would rather not.

So, I think I figured it out. I didn’t get the stabilizer latched 100% and drove off. I think I got caught on a grape vine (monster). I found a vine today with JD green on it.

Reactions: keane and JD4044M

·
Premium Member
3,973 Posts
So, I think I figured it out. I didn’t get the stabilizer latched 100% and drove off. I think I got caught on a grape vine (monster). I found a vine today with JD green on it.

One reason I put skid plates on my Tractor. I found sticks stuck up in the Hydraulic Steel Lines, near wiring and scratches on stuff 19 inches off the ground.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts