Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2020 1025R, 120R, 60D MMM, BB5048L, BC-4215
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bent toplink on my 1025r that needs to be replaced.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Bicycle fork Automotive fuel system

I'm new to tractors and have not been able to find any videos showing how to remove or replace a toplink. Is it a straightforward process?

Obviously, I don't want to buy the wrong part or junk, so what/where should I buy?

·
Premium Member
16,975 Posts
So any Cat 1 Top Link should work?
Yes, sort of, make sure to get one with the same overall length as the original. To replace you just pull the two pins.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dumb question, but what is the overall length of the original top link for a 1025r?

The one at Harbor Freight is in stock near me and, if it is the right length, I could save a trip and pick it up on the way home today.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
What they said. Any rural supply store "normally" has top links in stock... nowadays you might have to go to three different ones before you find one that has any on the shelf.

To remove it just pull the pins out.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
They are adjustable looks like yours was all the way out hence reason it bent. Can adjust by spinning the “barrel” of link

Reactions: driveshaft

·
Registered
2020 1025R
720 Posts
Dumb question, but what is the overall length of the original top link for a 1025r?

The one at Harbor Freight is in stock near me and, if it is the right length, I could save a trip and pick it up on the way home today.
That one fits. I bought one as a spare for my 1025R.

Best,

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
How did you bend it? I want to avoid the same mistake if possible?

Reactions: driveshaft

·
Premium Member
16,975 Posts
Fully compressed (shortened, no threads visible) it measures 20 inches from the centers of the holes end-to-end. Just measured the original one on my 2015 1025R.
View attachment 840272
The standard Tractor Supply Cat-1 top-link has a 13-inch body and can be adjusted from 18 to 26 inches.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They are adjustable looks like yours was all the way out hence reason it bent. Can adjust by spinning the “barrel” of link
I lengthened it to show the bend better. It was originally all the way down to the bend, (where the dark mark is).

I was trying to adjust it and I couldn't shorten it, so I lengthened it to see why, and that's when I saw the bend.

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
The only way you could bend that top link like that is by hitting it on the ROPS.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Bend it back.

A press will fix that quick

or a couple of boards and a bfh

1 - 20 of 66 Posts