Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got the instructions for kit number BLV10738?

Im going to switch from the hydraulic lift to the mechanical and im buying a used kit without instructions.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I would suggest a trip to your local dealer and make friends. Ask nicely for the install instructions. A box of donuts may smooth the way..

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts
I may be installing one tomorrow, I can try to scan you the instructions. You will have to remove the left wheel to get the lift arm on. You have to attach the new arm, the snap ring can sometimes be a pain to get off. I usually spin the snap ring clockwise so the two holes are on the right, that's the only way to get snap ring pliers on it. Once you get the snap ring off you can take out the screw and plastic plug on the arm. The new arm extension comes with a longer screw and a little metal dowel pin that goes in the hole where the plastic plug was. The snap ring will now be placed into the outer groove. The lift arm will get bolted on the inside of the arm and attach to the rockshaft that is up in the frame. If you need any assistance let me know, I have done a few. Greenpartstore.com has a diagram of the parts and the way they line up.

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
Why are you switching?? Just wondering...

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone, i may be in touch.

Im switching because i cant stand unhooking the hydraulic line from my fel to put the mower deck on and off which i like to do quite a bit and this seems to be the cheapest way around it. Found the BLV10738 kit gently used on ebay last night for $50 so its on its way.

If i overlooked anything and you have any info im not aware of please fill me in.

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would suggest a trip to your local dealer and make friends. Ask nicely for the install instructions. A box of donuts may smooth the way..

Id like to do that but my local dealers are not so local, both are at least 45 minutes away and i regrettedly have to admit they aren't very helpful. I bought my machine brand new from one of them and neither return a phone call. The salesperson i bought my 1025r had complained about the direction the company was going and has since left the dealer.

Bummer cause this is my first deere and had hoped and expected good customer service.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Ok... Maybe 2 doz donuts if arriving before 10. If an afternoon visit, frosties or slurpees. If after 5, a good domestic beer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts