Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving my tractor yesterday the brakes made a loud grinding noise when applied. My property is relatively flat so I dont use the brake pedal much, generally just letting off the forward or reverse pedal is sufficient. The brakes are mostly as a parking brake. The sound is like a metal on metal grinding noise. Does it when going forward, a little less in reverse.

Has anyone had or seen this issue before? I will have to did thru my storage bay to find my manuals as we recently moved snd my new shop wont be built until the fall...

Thanks for any insights.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was going straight and preparing to dump the bucket on the FEL. Hit the brakes to dump the dirt in the spot I wanted it. Was on a slight downgrade so brake was needed to stop. Did it to varying degrees the rest of the afternoon.

Tractor does not sit outside, it is parked in a large enclosed trailer. Environmentally, about the same as the barn it was parked in at the old place.

I thought the brakes were internal to the transaxle and “wet” so I was surprised by the noise.

Will see what happens during /after 3 hours of mowing tomorrow.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Checked over everything prior to mowing today. Nothing out of the ordinary noted. Mowed for 3 hours, made multiple fast and slow stops with no noises like I heard the day prior. No idea what it was or the cause.

Reactions: Kbar
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.