Green Tractor Talk banner

1025r Bucket Hooks (2.O)

4K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  Kennyd 
#1 ·
Did a forum search, the the threads on this subject matter are a little dated. Planning on installing them in the next couple of weeks. Using online sources and watching videos it appears to be boltonhooks is very popular but theres this JU being made now that looks super duty like. Not knowing what I need to know on this topic I seek the guidance of the community here, what works etc. thanks

#2 ·
I'd recommend boltonhooks.com - Made in USA, USA owned small business, quality and service can't be beat (seriously) and can be bundled with other products (tons of great improvements to the JD line developed by boltonhooks like handles, steps, chainboxes, dif lock pedal, seat spring upgrades for cheeseburger lovers, etc.) that make it a one stop shop.

#3 ·
Bolt on hooks are over built. You could break a subcompact in 2 pieces without a scratch on Kenny's hooks. 💪

#4 ·
JU fab buys his hooks from Ken. Go Ken!

#12 ·
Add me to the recommenders for all 3 of the above!!

I use the chain boxes ALL of the time - I've even carried a chain in one of the them a couple of times... Mostly I carry tools, hammers, wood blocks, 4x4's, pry bars, did I mention tools? You've probably already noticed that space is kind of limited on these tiny tractors - these are definitely handier than a pocket on a shirt... actually, handier than 2 pockets.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Plant Motor vehicle

Green Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Bumper

#6 ·
Here is a very recent discussion comparing our products to JUF, note that we supply them with the 5/16" weldable brass since they wanted a USA made option. Whichever you choose, please try to stay away from the CHINA copies of ours and their products.

#9 ·
By next week.
I do have some blems I've been trying to sell too:

#16 ·
Honestly those JU combo plates look very alluring and seem to be well built and versatile with multiple pick points but personally I don’t like adding the xtra weight to my bucket so KBOH’s are on it. I tend to stretch the boundaries of my machine’s capabilities so I want all the advantage I can get.

What do you want hooks on your bucket for?
What do you plan on lifting with them?
Think about the uses and benefits of each and choose which one suits your needs best.

#17 ·
Honestly those JU combo plates look very alluring and seem to be well built and versatile with multiple pick points but personally I don’t like adding the xtra weight to my bucket so KBOH’s are on it. I tend to stretch the boundaries of my machine’s capabilities so I want all the advantage I can get.

What do you want hooks on your bucket for?
What do you plan on lifting with them?
Think about the uses and benefits of each and choose which one suits your needs best.
I use my hooks to strap my 55 gal. drum of diesel to the bucket when lifting it out of the back of my truck. Comes in real handy.

#24 ·
So over the weekend I made a purchase at bolt on hooks, used the PayPal checkout area, found it a little odd that i received a prompt saying "transactions may take up to 24 hours to process". Anyways checked on order this morning and found absolutely nothing logging into my PayPal account directly. Has anybody had a similar experience checking out @ bolton hooks ?
Hay...
With all due respect, why don't you email us directly with some info so we can look into this for you? I can't help you on a public forum, especially without knowing some personal data.

boltonhooks@gmail.com

#20 ·
#21 ·
It’s always a good idea to contact the vendor you are having even small issues with prior to posting about it on the internet. Most of the time it makes the customer service side of things much quicker and easier for both the customer and the vendor. (y)

#23 · (Edited)
[redacted]

OP: For poos and grins - try pinging paypal.com and see what IP returns, then do a reverse lookup on that IP. On Windows in the task bar search window type "cmd" then when the black console comes up, type "ping paypal.com" Example below. The IP you see might be different (for large online companies they can have multiple IPs resolve), my concern is something is potentially doing a man in the middle attack for common "transaction" sites. i.e. something is unfortunately intercepting your DNS (name to IP resolution i.e. where I'm located - paypal.com = 64.4.250.36) and instead of putting in the correct value for real sites like paypal it's leading you to spoof sites.

Font Rectangle Display device Multimedia Screenshot

Edit: This test would be most successful on the same device you made the purchase on.

#26 ·
There’s no need for deleting anything. I don’t see anyone upset about it.🍻 I know for a fact Kennyd will get you squared away and quickly. It how he rolls. (y)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.