Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting some new hooks to add to my existing bucket and add to a new bucket. My preference is to add a 3/8" plate across the top then well three hooks and 2 loops....Ken is really good to work with helping to decide on type. I settled on the 3/8 hooks. Have seen a lot of these buckets with the tops bent...doubt that the 1025r will make that much pull but am matching with the bucket for my 4400.

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,044 Posts
I like the plate idea. I'm not sure it's needed but I like it.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,044 Posts
Ok I’ll bite. I’d rather bend my bucket, then have something else snap and break. Which will cost a lot of money. Remember the weakest link breaks!
I think machineryman is just fine.
I've been using this setup for 30+ years.

Img_3866_1.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,307 Posts
It certainly can't hurt anything to strengthen the bucket edge.

Gizmo......where are your KBOH and clevices in the last picture you posted?

As far as bending the FEL bucket on these 1 series tractors, I guess anything is possible but if the hooks are installed and used correctly, I certainly don't worry about the risk. I would bet the tractor would run out of capacity before reaching the damage point, but again, that assumes following the highlighted points........

Kenny assured me that his KBOH are how NASA lifts the Lunar vehicle off the moon when it's time to leave. In fact, they would have brought that moon vehicle SUV home with them except someone forgot to add the KBOH to it during assembly, so the astronauts had to leave it on the moon.......:dunno: (or something like that..:laugh::lol:....)

Let's see, Kenny would have been about 4 years old at that time (Apollo 15, 16 and 17 which were in 1971 and 1972 if I recall..).......:lol::laugh: He was probably putting hooks on his Big Wheel plastic 3 wheeler.......Come on now Kenny, did you have one of those....?

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The plate really stabilizes the top of the bucket...not saying that Kenny's plan would not hold properly....understand the tractor has limitation but the plates makes the top rigid. Also the hooks can be removed and changed if needed....also the loops are great with lines as I have a lot of large trees....pull limbs etc with ropes....now having said that the plate is on as of today but the plate is $53.00....hooks coming from Kenny. Most of what one does is a preference.....

·
Administrator
18,465 Posts

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got the 3/8 hooks from Kenny today and installed...super great hooks....I like the 3/8 normaly use 5/16 chain and makes for quick release from tractor....also added one to the bucket on the hoe....Kenny is super to deal with....made order a little confusing for him but we straightened out....I'll post picks with the plate added to the buckets....I have the battleship models....

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Anything worth engineering is worth over engineering...

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well here at the battleships completed....they are overbuilt but will not present any failures....in today's society we're somewhat used to things on the light or cheap side. Also add the 5/8" hook to my 260 hoe...tks to Kenny....

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
So I have a question for everyone out there that have hooks mounted anywhere on your tractor? Do you carry the chain with you at all times and if you do, what modifications or add ons did you make?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I tend to leave one wrapped on my heavy hitch most of the time.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I keep a 6' chain in the tool box. Usually enough to wrap around and pull something out. Works great for pulling T-Posts with the rear draft arms.

·
Premium Member
13,004 Posts
So I have a question for everyone out there that have hooks mounted anywhere on your tractor? Do you carry the chain with you at all times and if you do, what modifications or add ons did you make?
I keep all my chains and tow straps in a toolbox that sits on top my ballast box. It holds three different tow chains, two oblong slings, a brush grabber chain, ball dog, and a variety of extra pins. Not only does it keep everything organized in one place and out of the weather, it also adds another 70 lbs to the ballast box. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
899 Posts
Okay, you got me, what is a "ball dog"???

·
Premium Member
13,004 Posts
Okay, you got me, what is a "ball dog"???
It is an accessory for a 2" receiver or 2" ball that provides multiple attachments. It is a nice way to get additional functionality out of a 2" receiver hitch mounted to your bucket. Kenny sells them which is where I got mine.

Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks

Below are some photos showing a few different attachment configurations. You can also loop the Ball Dog over a 2" ball using the oblong ring.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts