Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fixin to give Mr. K @ BOH some binness. Not sure I want to install a receiver hitch or just a hook .

For those of you who have a receiver hitch mounted on your bucket, do you really use it often as a hitch. I know it "could" come in handy from time to time, but I already have a 3 point weight rack with a receiver hitch. I'm not cramped for space and I have no problem backing a trailer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
yes, frequently by my standards (every couple of weeks). I built my own for my needs. I have hooks and a receiver. I cut alot of firewood from big timber and use it for skidding. then I use the receiver to move my landscape trailer that's parked between my cord stacks. I also use it to attach my cable supports for home fabbed forks. I'll add pics. my mount looks so good I touched it up with jd green a half dozen times. so yeah it gets used hard!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,045 Posts
I initially installed three hooks on my bucket but found I never used the center hook. So I replaced it with the 2" receiver hitch which I use all the time. I use it to tow my 5x10 landscape trailer. By using the clevis backing plate it also gives me a center attach point for tow straps or safety chains. I use it with one of Kenny's Ball-Dogs for use with chains or hooks. I use it with a Wilton ATV vise for cleaning and sharpening my mower blades. I also use the vise as a 3rd hand when welding.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts