Green Tractor Talk banner

1025R bucket options - Which did yours come with?

12K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  jgayman 
#1 · (Edited)
I've put an order in through my dealer for a 2021 1025R with the factory installed loader and bucket (option code 1701). This bucket is described as the "53 In. (1350mm) Quick Change Materials Bucket."

Now, I know at some point there was an option for a 49 inch bucket. I was poking around and found this Deere information release...

Apparently, there are now (2) 53 inch buckets as it looks like the 49 inch bucket (BW14144) might have been replaced by a new 53" bucket (BXX10368). The newer 53" bucket doesn't weigh as much or hold as much material as the higher capacity 53" bucket (BXX10052).

If you look up both buckets on the JD parts site, the lighter bucket (BXX10368) is described as a "Low Volume Bucket."

I'm trying to determine which bucket comes with the factory installed loader as part of the option code 1701. I'm hoping it's the heavier, more capable bucket (BXX10052).

Does anyone have any information on this or know which bucket came with your 1025R?

See less See more
#2 ·
Mine has the materials bucket (2019). Came with it

#3 · (Edited)
Hmmmm. I'm not as blind as I thought I was.

I looked at the picture of my incoming baby and she looks like the 10052 bucket... the so-called "standard" one.

Whose shape is not the same as the prior years buckets.

Interesting.

Reactions: driveshaft
#5 ·
Hmmmm. I'm not as blind as I thought I was.

BUT I looked at the picture of my incoming baby and she looks like the 10052 bucket.. the standard one.
I hope you end up with the better bucket! I just e-mailed by dealer to make sure I get the higher capacity bucket (BXX10052).

Can you post a pic of your incoming tractor, or is it just a stock pic from the dealer?

#12 ·
Sorry, I tried to reply last night but the thread disappeared but reappeared.

My picture is pretty dark and blurry since it was taken inside the whse where the tractor is... but she's coming home today so I will get a few pictures. I could have sworn I saw the bucket and hoe #s on paperwork somewhere but I can't find it now.

I was looking at pictures I've taken over the past year or so while jonesing for Johnny and it does seem that I see a number of older (pre 2019-20) tractors where the bucket shape has a very short notch in the back when looking at a side view of the elevation of the bucket. All of the "new" tractors have the long slope in the back.

Look at Jimmy's picture and you'll see the floor of the bucket then a long sloping piece to the back. On older ones the floor seemed longer and the sloped piece shorter and steeper.

Does this translate into larger capacity, either level or heaping? Or was this just done for some other reason such as compatibility with the MSL?

Maybe we can go ask Ma Deere?
Jimmy's photo is showing the bucket with the higher volume of the 53" buckets. His photo is of the BXX10052. Here are a couple snapshots from the informational bulletin I linked...

So based on that chart, the BXX10052 is the heavier, larger, and I assume more capable bucket.

I got an e-mail back from my dealer letting me know he'd make sure I had the BXX10052 bucket when the tractor comes in. I ordered a NSL loader.

It would be interesting if anyone seeing this thread who owns a 1025R could post the model year of their tractor and the part number from their bucket.

#15 ·
Jimmy's photo is showing the bucket with the higher volume of the 53" buckets. His photo is of the BXX10052. Here are a couple snapshots from the informational bulletin I linked...

View attachment 784086

View attachment 784087

So based on that chart, the BXX10052 is the heavier, larger, and I assume more capable bucket.

I got an e-mail back from my dealer letting me know he'd make sure I had the BXX10052 bucket when the tractor comes in. I ordered a NSL loader.

It would be interesting if anyone seeing this thread who owns a 1025R could post the model year of their tractor and the part number from their bucket.
Tractor just arrived. Says BXX10052 on the SN plate. (y) (y)

Wonder if the 10368 bucket is for rental units since these are homeowner machines and the presumption may be that an inexperienced operator needs the lesser bucket.

#6 ·
I’ve got the 53”. Seems to be the most common. I think at one time there was at least 3 bucket options. But I have the older H120 loader, and I think they are now using a little different loader.

Reactions: Pigpen and Rule292
#7 ·
Mine came with this one. I didn't know there were other options and never asked about any of them. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Rule292
#10 ·
Just found an old photo. Looks like I got the BXX10052

#11 ·
The 53" bucket was a minimal up charge at the time I bought my tractor, I want to say it was around $45. My dealer keeps one or two of the 49" buckets around to be able to put together the low price offering when Deere advertises it. According to the sales people I deal with, the 49" bucket ONLY sells when people want the low advertised price deal.

The sales people really dislike the advertising special because in order to get the $99 per month tractor, it required all of the base equipment, plus it required the buyer put a 20% down payment in order to get to the $99 mo special, and most new buyers don't put down 20% when they are financing, so it would cause confusion with the customers seeking the low price special. Most people who are attracted to the lowest monthly payment aren't planning on putting $3,000+ as a down payment to get the $99 monthly payment.

I made sure my tractor came with the BXX10052 bucket. Depending upon the material, the 53" bucket is right at the machine lifting capacity with the bucket is scooped heaping full with the dense, compacted material like crushed aggregate. A heaping bucket of sand also tests the machines lifting limits. You have to increase the engine speed above 2,800 rpms to execute the lift out of the material pile with the bucket heaped full and prepare to haul the material.

It's the most the machine can lift and you had better have all of the 3ph ballast on when you lift it. Otherwise, it handles lifting all other commonly scooped material without the same limits, such as top soil, mulch, snow piles, etc.

#13 ·
I hope to know soon whether I have that bucket too...

I'm still confused since a look on the net shows a bunch of tractors that have buckets shaped like *368/*144 and they all look 53" wide.

#18 ·
When I bought my 1025R (S/N series "KK" - 2019 model, 2019 build) in August 2019, they were going to put a 49" bucket on it. I told the guy that I wanted the 53" bucket instead, ...no problem, no upcharge. I think that they were trying to slip that 49" in on the sly. Mine is the BXX10052 bucket.

Reactions: TPS
#20 ·
I thought the BXX10052 was the "standard" 120R bucket? That's what mine came with...

Reactions: Rule292
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.