Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hello all. I have a 2018 TLB 1025. Haven't used my ballast box in a while, but needed to move it today. I put my three point stuff and imatch back on, backed up to the box, and uhh. Nothing. Not strong enough to lift it. The arms go up and down, and it lifts the mower deck no problem but?? I had no problem lifting this last winter when the machine was new. Box weighs approx. 500lbs.
I have the knob under the seat open, but it's no good.
I did all my fluids and filters along with the transaxle screen at 60hrs, now have about 120hrs.
I have noticed in the last few months that the mower deck will not really stay up on its own anymore. The height lever likes to quickly drop.
Don't know what gives. Rock shaft valve? Hydraulic pump? don't know.
Thanks, George

·
Registered
705 Posts

Hello all. I have a 2018 TLB 1025. Haven't used my ballast box in a while, but needed to move it today. I put my three point stuff and imatch back on, backed up to the box, and uhh. Nothing. Not strong enough to lift it. The arms go up and down, and it lifts the mower deck no problem but?? I had no problem lifting this last winter when the machine was new. Box weighs approx. 500lbs.
I did all my fluids and filters along with the transaxle screen at 60hrs, now have about 120hrs.
I have noticed in the last few months that the mower deck will not really stay up on its own anymore. The height lever likes to quickly drop.
Thanks, George
Are you quite certain you put the suction screen in the right direction?

·
Administrator
20,668 Posts
Any weird noises? Fluid level ok?

You can tighten the friction washers at the base of the rockshaft lever to get the lever to stay in position. There are several threads here about that. :good2:

·
Premium Member
9,077 Posts
Doesn't the 1 series have reversible lift arms?

One direction lifts higher, the other lifts more weight....

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
Doesn't the 1 series have reversible lift arms?

One direction lifts higher, the other lifts more weight....
This could be a good possibility^^^^

It's not that noticeable, but they are reversible.

·
Super Moderator
2,165 Posts
Something's not right. The 3 pt should be able to lift a 500# ballast box no matter which way the lift arms are. Granted, one way will lift higher than the other but it still should lift it.

The suction screen getting plugged is more likely than it being installed in a wrong direction, as it only goes together one way. One end of the screen is open, the other end is closed off, so it can only fit on one way. Might be plugged with residual sealant that may not have been removed during the trans service at 60 hrs.

Olgreyhair, how's the front loader functioning? Have you noticed any diminished function controls? Or any problems with the transmission? ie, speed, 4wd, noises, etc.? Asking because the hydro pump will affect all the hydraulics, not just the 3 pt.

Others might have better questions and suggestions also.

·
Registered
705 Posts
The suction screen getting plugged is more likely than it being installed in a wrong direction, as it only goes together one way. One end of the screen is open, the other end is closed off, so it can only fit on one way. Might be plugged with residual sealant that may not have been removed during the trans service at 60 hrs.

Others might have better questions and suggestions also.
Somebody says they did it according to this post I copy and pasted:

"Finally got around to my 200 hour service (@ 243 hours!). Did that and my yearly service, changing fuel filters etc. Had a rough go at it. Got in a zone and wasn't paying attention and overfilled the hydro. So had to pull the drain plug to let some oil out. Then once I got it down to a reasonable level, I fired it up and the hydraulics weren't working. About a minute later I realized I had a dumba## moment and installed the suction screen backwards. Had to run to the parts store and get a new drain pan so I could drain the fresh hydro fluid out and re-use it so I wouldn't have to wait until tomorrow and get more at the dealer."

What did you do with your SCUT Deere today? - Page 1190

·
Administrator
17,944 Posts
Unplug the Power Beyond hose that would feed the backhoe, clean both connectors and then plug them together again.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Unplug the Power Beyond hose that would feed the backhoe, clean both connectors and then plug them together again.
Yep, that will keep it from working. Had that happen several times.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Had that happen with my FEL...couldn’t lift the front end all of a sudden. Thanks to GTT, I unplugged and replugged all the FEL hydraulic hoses and everything worked fine. Not sure which one was loose, but obviously one of them was.

·
Super Moderator
2,165 Posts
Somebody says they did it according to this post I copy and pasted:

"Finally got around to my 200 hour service (@ 243 hours!). Did that and my yearly service, changing fuel filters etc. Had a rough go at it. Got in a zone and wasn't paying attention and overfilled the hydro. So had to pull the drain plug to let some oil out. Then once I got it down to a reasonable level, I fired it up and the hydraulics weren't working. About a minute later I realized I had a dumba## moment and installed the suction screen backwards. Had to run to the parts store and get a new drain pan so I could drain the fresh hydro fluid out and re-use it so I wouldn't have to wait until tomorrow and get more at the dealer."

What did you do with your SCUT Deere today? - Page 1190
No I get it, things happen.

I found a picture of the screen, and looking at it again, I suppose the ends could be close to the same size and it may be possible to insert the closed end into the hose manifold. Guess one really needs to pay attention upon reassembly.

1025 suction screen-real.jpg

·
Registered
705 Posts
No I get it, things happen.

I found a picture of the screen, and looking at it again, I suppose the ends could be close to the same size and it may be possible to insert the closed end into the hose manifold. Guess one really needs to pay attention upon reassembly.

View attachment 700622
I don't know if putting the screen backwards would only affect the hydraulics. Would it keep the tractor from moving too? Not sure and I don't want to find out. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
14,710 Posts
I'm with Kenny , unplug and the BH power beyond and then reconnect.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the suggestions. I used the ballast most in the winter after I did the service. So i'm pretty sure the screen is in correctly. It was strange, condition went unnoticed because I don't use the BB in the summer. Only symptom I noticed was that the rock shaft control lever would not hold position anymore. The weight of the mower deck just pulls it right down. At idle it will barely lift the deck. At 2000rpm it goes up and down quicker. The rest of the hydraulics operate fine. Moved quite a bit of dirt just last week and have been digging trenches with the backhoe. Fluid level normal, no leaks. Lindsey equip coming to take her away tomorrow. I'll report back, but it doesn't look good.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Thanks for all the suggestions. I used the ballast most in the winter after I did the service. So i'm pretty sure the screen is in correctly. It was strange, condition went unnoticed because I don't use the BB in the summer. Only symptom I noticed was that the rock shaft control lever would not hold position anymore. The weight of the mower deck just pulls it right down. At idle it will barely lift the deck. At 2000rpm it goes up and down quicker. The rest of the hydraulics operate fine. Moved quite a bit of dirt just last week and have been digging trenches with the backhoe. Fluid level normal, no leaks. Lindsey equip coming to take her away tomorrow. I'll report back, but it doesn't look good.
Sounds like bad seals or scarring of the rockshaft cylinder. With the weight of the Ballast Box there’s enough hydraulic bypass to keep it from raising. This also explains why it won’t hold the mower up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts
When you lifted it last year, was the mower deck on?

If it wasn't, you had more lifting capacity last year than you would this year with the deck attached.

Under this scenario, your box is weighing in higher than 500 lbs. How full is it and what material is in there?

This also doesn't address your comment about the deck not staying up and lever "dropping quickly." What specifically are those symptoms?

·
Registered
5 Posts
60 hr maintenance?

Thanks, George
new tractor owner with 1025r I bought last year. manual doesn't say anything about fluids and filters till 200 hrs. Am I missing something??

·
Premium Member
12,122 Posts
new tractor owner with 1025r I bought last year. manual doesn't say anything about fluids and filters till 200 hrs. Am I missing something??
Check the next page under the heading of:

Maintenance Interval Chart—Every 600 Hours to Every 6000 Hours

In the "Annually" column you will see listed an engine oil / filter change. So if you put on less than 200 hrs per year they still want you to change the engine oil/filter.

As for the previously recommended initial 50 hr hydraulic fluid / filter / suction screen, that is no longer listed in the newer manuals. Caveat Emptor.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Poster....you're comments on the filter is I'm almost sure on the filter raises concerns. Case in point I traded for a 1025r last winter and dealer said Oh yeah...man changed filter...yata yata yata. I though hummmm….better just be "sure" Drained fluids and they did look good. Pulled the filter as other poster had shown and the previous owner had damaged it putting it in. Unit has a backhoe and this is not a problem if you are careful in installing as there is enough space but previous owner had kinked and torn the screen. Another case in point my neighbor widow lady's tractor mower need new fluids so I bought filter fluids. She had previously paid dealer for this. Upon pulling the screen plug found "no" filter. The new filter was had to fit so I suppose they just didn't bother but they did charger her as I saw the previous ticket. Wow.....I'm seeing on this site all the misattached lines and service coming out of these dealers. Suppose they must be hiring high school kids or something. So my point is never assume.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts