Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all . I've had my scut for a couple of weeks now and through this forum , have gone through the deck adjustments to level the cut height . But for some reason I can't (not even when new) get the height adjustment knob to turn into lock position . It just barely will reach to the max height of cut position . I don't want to force it or turn the knob to hard . Can anyone tell me which adjustment I need to look at to get it to go into lock . I don't plan on hauling it all over the place on a trailer , but I would like everything to work correctly . Thanks for the help and I appreciate the knowledge in this forum . :usa

Oh , btw I received and installed the combo bolt on grab hooks and they are awesome !! Good Job on the design !:thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
20,721 Posts
The first step in adjusting your mower is adjusting for maximum height. That method is different depending on the style of lift you have, mechanical or independent. The sticky thread covers both methods. :good2:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Here's an earlier post I made about the mechanics involved with the height stop cam when you cannot rotate the knob to Lock:

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/13713-more-deck-problems.html#post132354

Of course, the sticky thread 1026R 1023E 1 series mower setup and adjustment also applies to the 1025R tractor and has useful information about the deck setup.

If either of those don't help you in your situation, let us know. I'm sure we can come up with a fix. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Sorry for the obvious question, but are you raising the deck to it's highest position with the lift (either hydraulic or rockshaft). You cannot move the knob into lock position unless the mower deck is in it's highest position.

Dave

·
Registered
284 Posts
Here's an earlier post I made about the mechanics involved with the height stop cam when you cannot rotate the knob to Lock:

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/13713-more-deck-problems.html#post132354

Of course, the sticky thread 1026R 1023E 1 series mower setup and adjustment also applies to the 1025R tractor and has useful information about the deck setup.

If either of those don't help you in your situation, let us know. I'm sure we can come up with a fix. :thumbup1gif:
Definitely take a look at what Traction is referring you to. I had exactly the same problem that you are having and found my problem to be the rockshaft position sensor rod was out of adjustment plus I had a retaining ring missing on my rockshaft (left end where the mower deck lifting parts are connected) My deck now raises far enough to lock easily.

But you also have to go through the "Mower setup and adjustment" procedure as already mentioned.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks guys . I guess I assumed it was setup correctly from the dealer . I will start at the beginning with linkage all the way back down to deck leveling . Is there a thread somewhere that addresses the draft arm rod adjustment as referred to Jimfrits ?
I'll update as progress warrants .

·
Premium Member
14,745 Posts
Look at the 3rd posting of this thread. Good luck

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still working on it !

Look at the 3rd posting of this thread. Good luck
I have read through the post and the farther I read the more things I find I need to check .lol I guess I will get it eventually but for today I am done so I can watch some preseason football . Thanks for the help and this is to be continued .:gaah:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts