Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here, just bought a 2017 1025r and will be installing a cozy cab, going to pick it up Wed of this week, I've had a couple of cozy cabs before, had one on a 445 and a 4100, also had some John Deere cabs on a lx172,420,and a 425, my dealer told me cozy is all done making the 1025r cab because John Deere has the Mauser cab for the 1r series now, has anyone heard this ? Will be using this tractor with a 54 inch blower and a BB1048 for sidewalks and a backup to my 3320, Been reading some very good articles on installing the cozy on this website, very impressed with the amount of detail that was put into this,

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I haven't heard anything official, but Cozy does note on their web page that their cab will not fit the 2018 models. No doubt, that is because of the forward projecting ROPS. It would be pretty much a re-design of the entire cab to work around that. When I purchased the second cab, the Mauser and the Cozy were near identical in price, once you added the optional items to the Cozy that were standard for the Mauser and that was with my taking delivery at Cozy's plant.

If you're a dealer, I would assume the Mauser cabs are shipped via JD's internal fleet and as the dealers are receiving regular shipments, the frieght cost is included or negligible as compared to the truck freight on a Cozy.

So, I wouldn't at all be surprised if Cozy is going to (hopefully, from their perspective) liquidate their remaining inventory and be done with the 1-series cab.

Reactions: BigJim55 and kylew

·
Registered
2,066 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Reactions: ColonyPark

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pickup the cozy cab wed at Custom Products in Litchfield Mn. then drove through rush hour in Minneapolis, St. Paul and a heavy rain and storm in Baldwin Wi. but made it with no damage, looking forward to getting started on this, Thank You martincom for the links and your post for a great install

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cab install

Side panels off, seat off, doors off, roof off, and cab is on, so far everything fits, found the wires where crushed on the flasher lights, somebody was in a hurry at the factory, so far the project is goin pretty good, not a bad cab tor the money, just sold my 4110 with a JoDalePerry cab, was never happy with the small doors on that cab, I would have liked it better if they had the big doors like this cozy has and I'am not that big, hopefully will get pictures posted

·
Registered
14 Posts
Side panels off, seat off, doors off, roof off, and cab is on, so far everything fits, found the wires where crushed on the flasher lights, somebody was in a hurry at the factory, so far the project is goin pretty good, not a bad cab tor the money, just sold my 4110 with a JoDalePerry cab, was never happy with the small doors on that cab, I would have liked it better if they had the big doors like this cozy has and I'am not that big, hopefully will get pictures posted
We need pictures

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
How tall is it?
It will fit under a 7' garage door opening provided the door does not extend below the top of the jamb or the jamb is not framed in short. I'm thinking it was 82", but I haven't re-installed my Cozy yet--but will in the next few days.

I did shorten the upper section of my ROPS by 6", to prevent from becoming a "club" member. The ROPS is now darn near even with the top of the cab, if that helps.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I installed the cab. I measured the height of the cab from the floor to the crown of the roof: 81-5/16". This is with the tractor equipped with R3 tires, inflated to specifications, and a full tank of fuel.

I placed a level from the crown of the cab roof to rear of the cab, to measure from, propping the rear of the level for an indication that was identical to slope of the garage floor:

DSCN0468.JPG

DSCN0466.JPG

I also verified that the top of the front work lights are lower than the crown of the cab roof:

DSCN0472.JPG

DSCN0471.JPG

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
I installed the cab. I measured the height of the cab from the floor to the crown of the roof: 81-5/16". This is with the tractor equipped with R3 tires, inflated to specifications, and a full tank of fuel.

I placed a level from the crown of the cab roof to rear of the cab, to measure from, propping the rear of the level for an indication that was identical to slope of the garage floor:

I also verified that the top of the front work lights are lower than the crown of the cab roof:
So, do you remove the ROPS when installing the cab?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
So, do you remove the ROPS when installing the cab?
No, the ROPS remains in place. I utilize one of Bolt-On-Hooks 12' straps that I double around the cab roof, through the door openings, in a position that is roughly the center of gravity. I then utilize a Come-Along suspended from a ceiling anchor point to lift the cab off the storage dolly. I roll the storage dolly from beneath the tractor and then roll the tractor under the suspended cab. I place a moving pad over the hood & dash just in case the cab center of gravity shifts, to prevent any mars.

Reactions: ColonyPark

·
Premium Member
9,085 Posts
Pickup the cozy cab wed at Custom Products in Litchfield Mn. then drove through rush hour in Minneapolis, St. Paul and a heavy rain and storm in Baldwin Wi. but made it with no damage, looking forward to getting started on this, Thank You martincom for the links and your post for a great install
While you were there, Did you happen to ask them about whether they are discontinuing the cab for the 1 series as the rumors reported? Just curious as they would be the best source to confirm or deny it...............

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cozy cab

I was sent to the shipping dept. and had to wait outside, they brought the cab out, set it on the trailer, handed me the paper work and drove off, I guess he wasn't in the mood to talk, so I left, my salesman at John Deere told me there were done with the series 1 cab because John Deere had the Mauser cab and maybe designing a cab around the new rops on the 2018s had something to do with it ?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I was sent to the shipping dept. and had to wait outside, they brought the cab out, set it on the trailer, handed me the paper work and drove off, I guess he wasn't in the mood to talk, so I left, my salesman at John Deere told me there were done with the series 1 cab because John Deere had the Mauser cab and maybe designing a cab around the new rops on the 2018s had something to do with it ?
That was similar to my experience when taking delivery at the plant, except I got to wait for an extended period while he was on a personal phone call and no one else would move to even greet me. So I didn't have to wait outside until he was off the phone...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cozy Cab

I got the same impression, maybe that's why I had to wait outside, he had another personal call ??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts