Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,737 Posts
Sounds like it needs adjusting for neutral creep. This PDF should help. Being under warranty, it's up to you if you want to do it or have the dealer do it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
My 1026 has forward creep. Will try this adjustment. Thanks for the pdf.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Adjusted out my forward creep thanks to your procedure. The adjustment was simple and worked perfectly. Putting the plastic cover back on was another story. The two bottom screws are a beast to get the holes to line up. But, the creep is completely gone, which is great. I also discovered, during this procedure, that the mower deck height adjustment knob tightens up on the end of the shaft as it's driven down and seated. I couldn't understand why my adjustment had so much slop in it. It was as if I had 1 1/2 - 2 index marks per height change click. Turns out the knob had gradually been pulled up from the shaft allowing the looser grip. All fixed and near perfect height index mark selections.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Adjusted out my forward creep thanks to your procedure. The adjustment was simple and worked perfectly. Putting the plastic cover back on was another story. The two bottom screws are a beast to get the holes to line up. But, the creep is completely gone, which is great. I also discovered, during this procedure, that the mower deck height adjustment knob tightens up on the end of the shaft as it's driven down and seated. I couldn't understand why my adjustment had so much slop in it. It was as if I had 1 1/2 - 2 index marks per height change click. Turns out the knob had gradually been pulled up from the shaft allowing the looser grip. All fixed and near perfect height index mark selections.
I’m glad you said something about the heighth issue because my height adjustment is like that too.... thank you all for the replies

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like it needs adjusting for neutral creep. This PDF should help. Being under warranty, it's up to you if you want to do it or have the dealer do it.
Thanks for that, mine only does it sometimes so I’m gonna check out the linkage first like it says hopefully that will take care of it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts