Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my Curtis Cab for the 1025R. I also learned a couple of things that I think might be important to share

1. I got the soft sided cab since I have a back hoe, I can easily remove the back window and get access to the back hoe.
2. Got the heater and it does work (see attached picture)
3. The cab directs some of the engine compartment heat into the cab
4. The fuel filler is tough to get to! Glad I had a funnel in the garage. I have to come up with a solution to this
5. Operating the tractor is different, it sounds different and you have some reduced visibility, overall it isn't too bad
6. The cab is well built and the quality of the materials is very good

Bottom - Glad I bought it and this winter will be much more pleasant for having it on

Attachments

·
Registered
967 Posts
Well I got my Curtis Cab for the 1025R. I also learned a couple of things that I think might be important to share

1. I got the soft sided cab since I have a back hoe, I can easily remove the back window and get access to the back hoe.
2. Got the heater and it does work (see attached picture)
3. The cab directs some of the engine compartment heat into the cab
4. The fuel filler is tough to get to! Glad I had a funnel in the garage. I have to come up with a solution to this
5. Operating the tractor is different, it sounds different and you have some reduced visibility, overall it isn't too bad
6. The cab is well built and the quality of the materials is very good

Bottom - Glad I bought it and this winter will be much more pleasant for having it on
You are correct on all points.
1. Heater is an under performer. Windshield stays frozen most of the time unless the sun hits the glass.
2. Cab leaks cold air from all over the back window and around engine cowling.
3. Fuel cans with extended nozzle makes refueling tractor much ez'er but, still difficult.
4. The cab traps the sound and reverberates pretty good. Hearing protection is suggested.

I would keep an eye out on the heater hose isolation valve and related heater hose installed by dealer. My isolation valve was resting on the #1 fuel pipe to injector and wore about 75% through because of vibratory metal to metal contact. Then there are the Heater hoses rubbing on everything imaginable. Everything mentioned under the hood had to be replaced. Other than that.... enjoy!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,218 Posts
I like it. Tractor looks good with it. You say you got the soft cab, do you think the hard cab would have been a better way to go without thinking about the price? Just wondering. :question:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like it. Tractor looks good with it. You say you got the soft cab, do you think the hard cab would have been a better way to go without thinking about the price? Just wondering. :question:
Yes. In my case I did not want to keep removing the cab to use the back hoe so I went with the soft cab. If I did not have the back hoe I would have gotten the hard sided cab.

Having said that I am not sure how much better the hard side would be? Mostly it is the doors and the back window

·
Registered
447 Posts
Ahhh to dream big, maybe I'll sell my second born. hmmm don't think the wife will go for it though. Guess it's me and Carhart.

Looks great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Backhoe Clearance

Can you please post some pics with the backhoe installed and the seat turned around. I would like to see how much clearance your legs have over the rear bracket on the cab? Also, how tall is the cab, wondering if it will fit in a standard garage with the ROPS down?

Thanks,
Capt'n

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you please post some pics with the backhoe installed and the seat turned around. I would like to see how much clearance your legs have over the rear bracket on the cab? Also, how tall is the cab, wondering if it will fit in a standard garage with the ROPS down?

Thanks,
Capt'n
When I get a chance I will post a pic with the backhoe on. It does fit in a standard garage door opening with the ROPS down. The RPOs down is the key - trust me I know

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nice looking cab.

I have been looking at the cozy cab with the quick disconnect kit. The rep from cozy said if you are going to take the cab off in the summer to be sure to get their quick connect kit.

What have people been seeing for prices on any of the cabs for the 1025R? I'm getting qoutes all over the board - makes me think there are good margins.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts