Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I noticed something today And was wondering if anyone else had this problem. While clearing my driveway I noticed the cut knob, which is in the locked up position, is significantly cocked to the side. With a quick inspection the knob appeared secured and seemed to function properly. I observed the stepped indexing cylinder turning and engaging as it should. No change when I functioned the 3pt.
I'm the only one who goes near it and I have zero reason to think anything took a hit.
I work for a gas and power utility and with the storm here in New England had about 3 hours off to eat, shower, nap and unbury the wife and kids before I had to head back so I couldn't put much investigation time into it. Out of state and on a break now. thoughts?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not easy for anyone to tell much without some pictures of what it looks like. When you get a chance look it over and tell us what you think.
Yeah. I figured. Didn't know if there was something dumb I might not have thought of. I'll get some pics and a better look. Hopefully before the weekend

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi all. I noticed something today And was wondering if anyone else had this problem. While clearing my driveway I noticed the cut knob, which is in the locked up position, is significantly cocked to the side. With a quick inspection the knob appeared secured and seemed to function properly. I observed the stepped indexing cylinder turning and engaging as it should. No change when I functioned the 3pt.
I'm the only one who goes near it and I have zero reason to think anything took a hit.
I work for a gas and power utility and with the storm here in New England had about 3 hours off to eat, shower, nap and unbury the wife and kids before I had to head back so I couldn't put much investigation time into it. Out of state and on a break now. thoughts?
My guess is the diff lock lever is pushing on the plastic trim and forcing it to the side. From what I've seen most do this and in my opinion is poor fit and finish for an issue that could have been handled with relative ease during design.

2018 - 1025R
120R, 60D, 54SB, iMatch, Ballast Box

·
Registered
370 Posts
I’ve never used mine and it too is off center. I think I read a thread about that here but not sure though.
Same here ...

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
968 Posts
I had to redrill two holes for the small screws that hold the plastic cover so the knob is more centered relative to the opening in the cover. But as noted poor quality not having parts so they are centered in the opening without a customer fix.

It should have molded in features that center up the cover with features on the mounting for the knob shaft.

The posi lock rod should have similar features molded in the cover.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Mine is also off-center, makes no difference in how it works except for lining up with the sticker.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm finally home and took some pics. The odd thing with mine is that it was relatively centered. I'm positive nothing hit the knob or that engaging the diff lock didn't do it. I haven't been able to get under and see what could have done it from underneath.

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts
Wow, that is off-center!

I don't have that issue, but my knob and the markings no longer "line up", for lack of a better description. Turning it fully in the install direction, the mark will go past the install section. Turning it fully in the lock direction and it ends up shy of that mark. The knob has a flat as I remember, so it didn't turn. This issue appeared after my transmission cases were replaced a couple of years ago. I can't see what may have changed in the adjusting cam apparatus, and it never seemed to be a critical issue so I just use it as is.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, that is off-center!

I don't have that issue, but my knob and the markings no longer "line up", for lack of a better description. Turning it fully in the install direction, the mark will go past the install section. Turning it fully in the lock direction and it ends up shy of that mark. The knob has a flat as I remember, so it didn't turn. This issue appeared after my transmission cases were replaced a couple of years ago. I can't see what may have changed in the adjusting cam apparatus, and it never seemed to be a critical issue so I just use it as is.
Yeah it is. I have no idea what happened. It's got 25 hours on it. I'm almost positive nothing impacted the knob or plastic panel. I'll post back after I get to tear it apart

1 - 11 of 11 Posts