Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my brand new (<30hr) 1025R has died on me.. I was mowing, operated the 3pt lever and it went lights out. Drug it back up to the house with old POS (but trusty) MTD.. of course I had to jump start the MTD off the 1025R when I shut it off while connecting chains.

It seems the 1025R is blowing the "Ignition Run Power" fuse.. initially I thought it may be a bad fuse so I replaced it. Blew it as soon as I turned the key. Has anyone any idea what the cause could be?

See fuse G in the diagram.

·
Administrator
22,222 Posts
I would try unplugging a few items like the fuel solenoid and see what is causing the fuse to blow. That being said, it's under warranty. I'd get the dealer involved. :good2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Blowing Fuse

When mine arrived it was blowing that same fuse within 3 hours. Turned out to be a pinched wire in the left turn signal housing. Be careful troubleshooting as the tractor dashboard module :danger: is a computer and blowing that is very expensive. With such low hours I'd turn it over to the dealership for warrenty work if at all feasible. :wasntme: :thumbup1gif: :greentractorride:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How long did it take you guys to find the short? I want to have the dealer handle it but.. I blocked my truck in with the FEL and backhoe when I dropped everything to mow.

·
Registered
313 Posts
How long did it take you guys to find the short? I want to have the dealer handle it but.. I blocked my truck in with the FEL and backhoe when I dropped everything to mow.
About 30 minutes the last time because I've had it happen a few times in the past with trailers and other equipment. The broke light was the obvious suspect n my case. I'd give it a good visual look-over for an obvious pinch. Sometimes you can find it pretty quick - other times it takes a systematic search unplugging wiring harnesses and checking it with a Volt-Ohm meter.

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Since it happened while you were operating the 3-point (rockshaft)lever, start looking there for pinched wires. Check around the MMM lift linkages too.
I tried a little before the sun went down but I couldn't really see anything under the mower. I can't drop the deck b/c its setting on the height limiter. I may pull a halogen light out and see if I find anything. If all else fail I can work from home tomorrow.. though rain is coming and I don't want to leave the equipment out.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I had mine parked behind one car when it happened. I had the dealer come out and pick it up so I doing know exactly where it was, but they said it was under the seat some place.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Didn't blow a fuse, but...

When I took delivery of my 1025 in 2013, I checked everything over. When doing so, I noticed the wiring loom for the seat switch was all mashed up and damaged under the seat - as if it had gotten entangled in the seat springs or something. I rerouted the loom so as not to get pinched anywhere. I wonder if this might be the problem you're having. It'd certainly be worth taking a look, given others have had this problem. I guess I was just lucky enough to have found the damaged wiring before it caused a problem.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I decided to work from home today, so I could have the tractor picked up. Since I was working from home I had some time to kill this morning. After figuring out how I could get my truck around the FEL and BH I managed to tow the mower off the deck. Within about 2 minutes of getting the deck off I found the short.

There is a sensor wire that runs extremely close to the deck's PTO. It looked like they didn't cinch a zip tie down tight enough and the wire was able to rub against the PTO. I didn't think to take a picture of it until after I fixed the issue. The abrasion on the wire was minimal, loom tube was nearly worn in half. As you can see in the picture I changed where the wire was doubled over, to keep it further from the PTO. Its probably worth anyone reading this taking a look at their machine as well. I'm not sure if a stick was setting on top the deck and pushed the wire into the PTO or if it wearing through when I operated the 3pt is just coincidental; either way I think the factory install is sloppy.

Auto part Engine Vehicle

·
Registered
407 Posts
Well I decided to work from home today, so I could have the tractor picked up. Since I was working from home I had some time to kill this morning. After figuring out how I could get my truck around the FEL and BH I managed to tow the mower off the deck. Within about 2 minutes of getting the deck off I found the short.

There is a sensor wire that runs extremely close to the deck's PTO. It looked like they didn't cinch a zip tie down tight enough and the wire was able to rub against the PTO. I didn't think to take a picture of it until after I fixed the issue. The abrasion on the wire was minimal, loom tube was nearly worn in half. As you can see in the picture I changed where the wire was doubled over, to keep it further from the PTO. Its probably worth anyone reading this taking a look at their machine as well. I'm not sure if a stick was setting on top the deck and pushed the wire into the PTO or if it wearing through when I operated the 3pt is just coincidental; either way I think the factory install is sloppy.

View attachment 44710

Thanks for sharing. Even though I've had my 1025r for 2 years, this makes me want to go take a look under mine to see if the same problem could be waiting to happen.
:bigthumb:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for sharing. Even though I've had my 1025r for 2 years, this makes me want to go take a look under mine to see if the same problem could be waiting to happen.
:bigthumb:
I would encourage you to.. had I not been able to get my truck out from behind the FEL and BH it would have been quite difficult to pull the tractor off the deck. Not impossible, but would have required a come along.

·
Registered
313 Posts

View attachment 44710

Thanks for the pic!
When I took delivery of my 1025 in 2013, I checked everything over. When doing so, I noticed the wiring loom for the seat switch was all mashed up and damaged under the seat - as if it had gotten entangled in the seat springs or something. I rerouted the loom so as not to get pinched anywhere. I wonder if this might be the problem you're having. It'd certainly be worth taking a look, given others have had this problem. I guess I was just lucky enough to have found the damaged wiring before it caused a problem.

I always check my wiring under the tractor when I grease the fittings under there. Haven't thought much about the seat - but I'll certainly check it today.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.