Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to reconnect my deck (drive over auto connect) and it wouldn't catch. When I looked under the tractor I noticed that the mechanism isn't raising and lowering. Everything looks ok down there. Anything I should check?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was trying to reconnect my deck (drive over auto connect) and it wouldn't catch. When I looked under the tractor I noticed that the mechanism isn't raising and lowering. Everything looks ok down there. Anything I should check?
1st, does the rear PTO lower and raise? These work in conjunction or at least I have not found a way to isolate the mid-mount from the rear as I believe they are one connected function.

If the rear PTO works then I assume you can isolate the issue then to the mid-mount area. From there I have no idea as to linkage issues or what because I have yet to climb under my machine to inspect it closely being it is fairly brand new.

Hopefully someone can chime in that has encountered the same issue.

* I assume you checked the hydraulic fluid level????

·
Registered
711 Posts
First I will ask the obvious so don't take offense. Is the deck height knob turned to the install position? What type of deck lift system do you have? If you have the standard mechanical lift do your 3 point lift arms work? How about your rate of drop control knob?

·
Registered
635 Posts
I agree with jimmylh on the height adjustment knob, and the rate of drop knob. The rate of drop knob is located just above the floor boards directly below the operators seat. (just in case you weren't aware). That's the first thing that i'd check if your 3pt hitch arms aren't going down.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Also...If you had the hydraulic lines off for a loader or for some other reason...Make sure the yellow is clean and seated. Or what ever line you use for the MMM. If its ajar it will not work. Or I mean the Deck function on mine I use the yellow for that.

·
Registered
56 Posts
First I will ask the obvious so don't take offense. Is the deck height knob turned to the install position? What type of deck lift system do you have? If you have the standard mechanical lift do your 3 point lift arms work? How about your rate of drop control knob?
Jimmy is right. I had this happen once and it finally dawned on me to look at the knob after scratching my head. But if that is not the culprit does your rear 3 pt. lower/raise????

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for all the replies. I just got back to see them. I found a sheared off bolt where I had the tractor parked.

When I was trying to attach and lift the deck I heard a loud bang. I'm assuming it was this bolt. Unfortunately, I can't figure out where it came from. I've looked everywhere!

Does anyone have a video of the deck mechanism going up and down? Maybe then I could see the part that isn't connected and moving....

Thanks, again!

EDIT: The rear PTO works. Just the deck raise/lower doesn't. And I checked all the other suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
2,240 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. I just got back to see them. I found a sheared off bolt where I had the tractor parked.

When I was trying to attach and lift the deck I heard a loud bang. I'm assuming it was this bolt. Unfortunately, I can't figure out where it came from. I've looked everywhere!

Does anyone have a video of the deck mechanism going up and down? Maybe then I could see the part that isn't connected and moving....

Thanks, again!

EDIT: The rear PTO works. Just the deck raise/lower doesn't. And I checked all the other suggestions.
What type of mower lift system do you have? Mechanical, using the rockshaft lever? Hydraulic, using the loader control SCV joystick? Independent, using a switch on the dash? Most of the lift parts are the same, but there are certain differences between the systems that may help us help you. Also, any pictures you can post could be helpful. The sheared bolt, the underbelly showing the linkage from different angles, the autoconnect shaft, etc. Pictures of the deck too, we can see if there is any damage to that.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe I have the mechanical (the 3 point hitch moves with the mower deck - lever is on right of seat). I will grab some pics tomorrow. Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
couple other questions... did you you recently service or have serviced? you didn't state your hours of operation either. I had the exact issue on my February 2019 production TLB. Before I greased the PTO shaft at 20 hours the rockshaft lever would drop the 3pt arms but not the deck linkage. all I did was pull up and down on the linkage with the rockshaft engaged and greased. the weight of the deck is sufficient to drop but not the linkage. in my case it was simply lack of lubricant. be advised when you watch these quick attach YouTube videos....they back off then drive on and never touch rockshaft lever that way it's perfectly lined up to look super easy.

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
The bolt is probably item 5 in the picture below. This is the adjustment bolt that aligns the auto connect PTO shaft splines.

Dealers usually do not install this bolt with locking nuts, therefore during use, the vibration causes the adjustment nuts to loosen causing the misalignment of the shaft or the bolt falls out.
Reinstall the bolt with a flange nut on the bolt head side of the auto connect mount bracket and a nyloc nut on the other side of the bracket. Since I did that to mine, problems over.

Concerning you mmm linkage not lowering. If you have your 3 point lift arms removed, then it is very possible that the mmm linkage will not lower due to there not being enough weight on the 3 point. You may have to go back and manually push the rockshaft arms down. Put your mmm height control in the install position, move the 3 point control all the way forward, then go back and manually push the rockshaft arms down.

And this.....when installing the mmm, with or without auto connect, it is a good idea to lower the mmm linkage and then get off the seat, look under the tractor and make sure the linkage actually lowered. This goes for any type of lift, mechanical with the 3 point, hydraulic lift and independent lift, albeit with the mechanical lift when the 3 point lift arms are attached and the rate of drop open, linkage will most likely drop. The biggest problem with the linkage not dropping will happen when the 3 point arms are removed; or with the hydraulic lift that uses the SCV, pushing the SCV lever too far to the right or not giving the linkage enough time to actually lower and the same thing can happen with the independent lift, although some on the forum have said the newer independent lift has a rocker switch that is not momentary.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thank you for all the tips. I just hit 20 hours. Here are a few pics. Does everything look correct? I can't figure out where the bolt came from. Ray_PA - it doesn't look like it's the one you mentioned in the diagram, correct?

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks Ray_PA. Nicely done! My points exactly, with a parts schematic. I have a BH so 3pt. arms have never been installed (no weight). Without the MMM nothing moved down. In my case it was the shaft with yoke (#2) sticking. Located adjacent to the screw (#18) is the zerk that I greased. And to your point all I had to do was pull down ( easy, with little force) a few times to free up. Of course I had to raise with the rockshaft which proved all my linkage was fine. Again....by 20 hours and 4 mowing tasks the issue is dissolved.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thank you for all the tips. I just hit 20 hours. Here are a few pics. Does everything look correct? I can't figure out where the bolt came from. Ray_PA - it doesn't look like it's the one you mentioned in the diagram, correct?
. I located that exact grade 10.9 n head on my left side 3 point arm that drops to the MMM linkage. I will try to figure out how to post a pic. I'm new to this....

·
Super Moderator
2,240 Posts
I'm not yet seeing where that sheared bolt came from, but it's not the adjuster bolt Ray mentioned. Still studying your pictures, but it may not have anything to do with the lift.

It does appear that the autoconnect shaft probably needs to be greased. Your connector is pointing almost straight up, where it should be pointing slightly down. Here's a couple pictures of mine, sorry not very good pictures but you can see the angle.

20180617_101048_001.jpg
20180617_100954.jpg

Try greasing your autoconnect shaft and work it around. The coupler should come down.

·
Super Moderator
2,240 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts