Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I'm cycling the glow plugs, I see the digital readout boot-up with 'mph / kph' at the top of the screen. Just curious if anybody has gotten this to work? Not really necessary just curious.

·
Premium Member
13,624 Posts
Mine only displays hours, granted it's a 2025R, but still the same engine.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Probably a European feature and would require re-programming the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Another mysterious dash symbol we don’t get. Just to steal your post if anyone has something they’ve used to measure speed, distance an time I’d like to know. My truck has a timer as well as average speed and odometer that I use when plowing.

They had one of those your speed construction radar signs near one of my sites once. Wide open throttle and at it I went. I think it read 12km/h which I believe it’s advertised around 14.5km/h

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven’t done it, but I have a Garmin watch I use for jogging and my phone. I’ll give it a shot later today.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just did a quick speed test with the Garmin watch, at PTO speed (2018 1025R - 3200 RPM) I was rolling at 8.4 MPH with the 54” blower ( quick hitch, drive shaft, etc...) and my ~400 lbs ballast box on the 3ph.

( with the wind of course )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: akneppar and PJR832

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have an app on my phone called "MapMyWalk" that gives me average speed and a map of distance covered. Also gives a cool plot of what the mowing path looked like.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Speed measurement

I use a Garmin GPS to set speed when I seed, fertilize, etc. That way my applications are correct for the settings on the spreader.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
399 Posts
I use an app named tractor speed on my cell phone. I adjust my sprayer and spreader for a speed of 2.5 mph, and make a couple of dry passes through the field until I get a sense of my target speed. Then I put the phone away and just do a couple of checks during my work in process. So far it has worked pretty well and I haven't had any problems with under- or over- applying material.

I have thought about trying to set up some kind of cell phone mount on the hood but it doesn't seem necessary and I worry that the phone will fall out and get run over or broken.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have a hand held GPS that will show time, speed, max speed, average speed, shows distance, etc., and mounts in a model specific holder that will mount on a round bar but works best on a ball mount. It's getting old, I've had it for several years, and it clamps onto a ball that mounts onto the handlebars of my ATV. This one also has an interchangeable cup holder available that will pivot so it's spill proof too. I'm sure that you can pick up a similar unit from a sporting goods/hunting store.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have a hand held GPS that will show time, speed, max speed, average speed, shows distance, etc., and mounts in a model specific holder that will mount on a round bar but works best on a ball mount. It's getting old, I've had it for several years, and it clamps onto a ball that mounts onto the handlebars of my ATV. This one also has an interchangeable cup holder available that will pivot so it's spill proof too. I'm sure that you can pick up a similar unit from a sporting goods/hunting store.
Good idea. I had a handheld trail gps for dirtbiking. I’ve since lost it. I can’t use my phone and usually leave it in the truck. They don’t like water or cold very much

1 - 11 of 11 Posts