Green Tractor Talk banner

1025r Does quick hitch touch the ground?

7K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  JohnDeereYooper 
#1 ·
On my 1025r I could of sworn my JD adj. quick hitch would go all the way to the ground when changing implements. Now I tried to take my BB2048 (boxblade) off to put the heavy hitch on and it wont go down far enough to remove it.I just had my rockshaft replaced so I'm thinking the dealer didn't do something right.

#8 · (Edited)
The hitch does not lower as far now as it did before the rockshaft was replaced?

I never had to block up the boxblade to take it off before, now i have to.

Check your lower three point arms, they can be installed backward.

I left all linkage hooked up to the boxblade and brought just the tractor to the dealer so no arms were removed to where they could be put on backwards.

#3 ·
It's possible the lift arms are installed backwards. There are descriptions better than I can relay through type on here so you may need to do a search. Basically the hole to where the vertical lift rods mount are offset to one end. You can either have a higher lift capacity or longer swing arc by which end of the lift arms are attached to the tractor.

#7 ·
It's possible the lift arms are installed backwards.

I can tell the position feedback rod was never disassembled from the right liftarm i.e. spring pin still has factory paint on it so this is not possible.

#4 ·
It is possible the dealer did not index you lift arms correctly. Option 1: Take it back to dealer and have them correct the problem.

Option 2: (1) take a punch and mare the rockshaft and lift arms, just make a small punch mark on the lift arm housing and one aligned on the rockshaft tooth. (This will allow you to return everything to its original location if the remaining steps fail). (2) Ensure the lift control leaver is in the down position. (3) Remove the e-clip from the rockshaft (both sides) (4) Slide the lift arms (both sides) off the rockshaft (do this without anything attached to the hitch arms, don't want to get you hurt) (5) Lower the lift arms to the desired lowest point (May have to block them in this position). Make sure they are level on both sides. (6) Take your hand and turn the rockshaft in the downward direction to ensure it is in the lowest lowered position. ** (7) Slide the lift arms back on the rockshaft, may need to lift the arms slightly to align the teeth with the slots on rockshaft, repeat for other side, re-install e-clips. (8) Start tractor and place lift control in up position , check lift height. Hope this helps! Joe
** You may have to back off the rate of drop valve to do this. :usa

#6 · (Edited)
I was thinking this also but i wanted to recheck if the quick hitch was suppose to drop to the ground before i tore it apart. I have a shop manual to do this and the rockshaft has alignment marks on it from the factory. Also one tooth of liftarm movement on the splines is a big amount, as 56fordguy pointed out.

#9 ·
I hate to ask this question...it seems a bit silly, but it should be asked. Is the rockshaft control lever all the way down in the slot?

#10 · (Edited)
Yes it is and I even opened up the quick hitch arms when i lowered the 3 pt.:lol:

When I lowered the 3 pt. on even ground i made a paint stick mark in reference to where the lower 3 pt. arms where to the tractor. I thought maybe the rockshaft was tight and wouldn't allow the 3 pt. lift arms and quick hitch to lower out of the boxblade bushings. So i pulled the tractor up on the trailer with the boxblade hanging off the end and lowered the control lever all the way down and the 3 pt. lift arms would only go to where i put the paint stick mark. So with weight and no weight it stops at the same point.I know I should of just tied it down and brought it to the dealer.:laugh:

#12 ·
I found the answer to my question on a youtube video by randy white, yes the quick hitch is suppose to go to the ground. Off to the dealer i go again.

#13 · (Edited)
This again leads me to believe the lift arm and rockshaft are not properly aligned. I thing the rockshaft (part #30), lift arms (part #10) and rockshaft arm (part # 37) are not properly aligned. After retirement, I work part time for the city bush hogging right of ways and ditches, they had a Kubota that developed lift problems, upon return from the dealer we noted the lift would only go about 3/4 of the way down, we went over everything and found the indexing problem, a two tooth adjustment and everything was back working correctly. I think you are going to find the same thing.

Text Design Font Line art Auto part

#14 ·
This again leads me to believe the lift arm and rockshaft are not properly aligned. I thing the rockshaft (part #30), lift arms (part #10) and rockshaft arm (part # 37) are not properly aligned. After retirement, I work part time for the city bush hogging right of ways and ditches, they had a Kubota that developed lift problems, upon return from the dealer we noted the lift would only go about 3/4 of the way down, we went over everything and found the indexing problem, a two tooth adjustment and everything was back working correctly. I think you are going to find the same thing.

View attachment 24627
I think you are right on with that assumption.:thumbup1gif:

#15 ·
I have not seen it here, but you provide and measurements about how far down it goes?
Mine does not go to the ground. Even with the I match on. It goes close and then when you drive over the mmm it almost touches. If it lowered to the ground, when driving over the mmm it would scrape on the floor.

#16 ·
My bottom i match hooks are about a foot off the ground, just enough to let the boxblade scrap and thats it. If i unhook the imatch levers and put the rockshaft lever all the way down i might get an extra inch.I just dropped the tractor off at the dealer with new snap rings for the rockshaft because i know they would of used the old ones, so no actual measurements.

#17 ·
Dealer called and said the tractor was ready. They didn't index the internal lift arm it was 3 splines off. Can't pick it up for at least 3 weeks thou i'm on the road.

#18 ·
If they screwed up that bad, they should deliver it washed and waxed! That's just crappy lazy workmanship IMHO.

#22 ·
I'll see in three weeks:pray:

#23 ·
When they replaced my rockshaft the first one that came in didn't have a "timing mark". They put it back together and didn't like the way it worked so they ordered another one and it had the mark. Wonder if the one you got didn't have a mark or if they just missed "timed" it.

#26 ·
According to the artillian instructions it takes 1 to 2 hrs. I paid for 2.25 hrs. at $65 an hr. plus $23.99 for more needed low vis. oil.

#28 ·
I fixed the loader block and hoses already and will request them to buy a new switch so i can install it right. I have to go 70 miles to drop off tractor, than wait to get new tires installled on the truck, drive another 130 miles to put in a 10 hr. work shift. I have enough on my plate and no time for pictures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.