Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of drill seeder or overseeder rentals in michigan that have the small 48" versions that the 1025rs can lift? Orrr, other thoughts on ways to reseed a new lawn that is not coming in good.

Thinking the LAND PRIDE APS1548 or the Woods PSS48 would be the best option but cant find any local to rent.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Anyone know of drill seeder or overseeder rentals in michigan that have the small 48" versions that the 1025rs can lift? Orrr, other thoughts on ways to reseed a new lawn that is not coming in good.

Thinking the LAND PRIDE APS1548 or the Woods PSS48 would be the best option but cant find any local to rent.
I'm looking for the same, but near Toledo. Everything around here is 6ft and weighs too much for the 1026r.

I think I will need to go with a drop spreader and the a cultipacker.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have decided to rent out my seeder. It will be great for food plots. I am in Kalamazoo, MI. This is a brand new seeder. It is a Kasco Vari-Slice 48" unit that mounts on your category 1 three point hitch. I believe it weighs in around 900-950 lbs. It is 48" wide. Attached are some pictures for reference.

-- Good Works Tractors

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,407 Posts
I searched the Land Pride version, says minimum 35 HP tractor.

·
Premium Member
8,852 Posts

Seems to me I have seen someone in the Byron Center area advertising either to rent the equipment or provide the service for what you are seeking. Pretty sure he shows the over seeder and other lawn "creating" equipment on a newer John Deere tractor.

I am almost positive the guy also has SCUT, CUT, equipment for sale from time to time as well (he is a re-seller). Check your area Craigslist under the Farm section or equipment sales. The name of the place escapes me now.......but I know there is also a Facebook page for the company / guy.

Where as Kalamazoo is about 60 miles from you, from my recollection, Byron Center is probably less than 10 miles.........depending upon each others actual locations in the area.

I would think that 900 pounds for a 3 point implement would be really pushing it for a 1 series tractor. I think the rated lift is around 680 pounds at 24". :dunno:

This link shows the Kasco Varislice over seeders weights, etc and they have the 48" version at just under 1,000 pounds.

Beaver Valley Supply Company - Kasco Seeders, Drills and Landscaping

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I'm looking for the same, but near Toledo. Everything around here is 6ft and weighs too much for the 1026r.

I think I will need to go with a drop spreader and the a cultipacker.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If you're in Monroe county, check with the conservation district....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts