Green Tractor Talk banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 1025r that I purchased in 2015, now has 70 hrs , started it the other day and as it was warming up I heard it start knocking loud went over to turn it off , opened hood saw the airfilter strap broken looked down and had a piece of the cover missing, I assume it dropped down inside, pretty sure I have no warranty what do you think my chances are with JD footing the bill?

Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I have a 1025r that I purchased in 2015, now has 70 hrs , started it the other day and as it was warming up I heard it start knocking loud went over to turn it off , opened hood saw the airfilter strap broken looked down and had a piece of the cover missing, I assume it dropped down inside, pretty sure I have no warranty what do you think my chances are with JD footing the bill?

Thanks
Bill
If the post above your's is accurate and Deere has a bulletin, your chances are likely good. Call your dealer ASAP

·
Registered
1,006 Posts

Thanks
Bill
Call Deere ASAP and leave it as you found it. Take pictures

·
Registered
2,563 Posts

Thanks
Bill
Long as you serial number is in the range you are good. If not maybe not. It is ridiculous, but a MY2013 isn't covered, but a 2016 will be. Cutting their losses on the backs of consumers. It is their FUBAR design. They should cover it no matter the year it is installed on, if it screws an engine.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
283 Posts
Like I mentioned earlier, if you don't want to pay for the upgrade just remove the metal bracket and strap and run like that. It will be just fine that way. Worse case is you would need to put a hose clamp on the front hose where it attaches to the forward firewall. I ran mine like that for 100 hrs with no issues

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Like I mentioned earlier, if you don't want to pay for the upgrade just remove the metal bracket and strap and run like that. It will be just fine that way. Worse case is you would need to put a hose clamp on the front hose where it attaches to the forward firewall. I ran mine like that for 100 hrs with no issues
Yep did that. It is shown in the other thread on this subject. Added a little support, but the only way my engine will have any damage from the intake falling into the engine while running would be if it gets hit with a meteorite. I suppose it could happen, but if it does, I'm sure the old girl would have other issues too.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I would make a set of metal brackets and use some stainless steel adjustable hose/pipe clamps on the air filter housing an secure to the bracket set. That is if they won't repair yours because of it's age. (just another case of age discrimination)

·
Premium Member
1,694 Posts
Thanks , Good news I Called dealer and they came that day to pick it up, next day I got a call from dealer, they said JD is replacing the motor
That is great news (y)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Thanks , Good news I Called dealer and they came that day to pick it up, next day I got a call from dealer, they said JD is replacing the motor
I was sure they would do that!!👍

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
I was sure they would do that!!
All depends... upon the year of the unit. Saying you got it done is great, but for full disclosure, the model year of the tractor is important to know for those of us not getting the fix for free.... if they start replacing MY2013 or MY2014, those of us with those model years need to know....

·
Registered
3 Posts
All depends... upon the year of the unit. Saying you got it done is great, but for full disclosure, the model year of the tractor is important to know for those of us not getting the fix for free.... if they start replacing MY2013 or MY2014, those of us with those model years need to know....

Mine is a 2015.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts