Green Tractor Talk banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 1025r that I purchased in 2015, now has 70 hrs , started it the other day and as it was warming up I heard it start knocking loud went over to turn it off , opened hood saw the airfilter strap broken looked down and had a piece of the cover missing, I assume it dropped down inside, pretty sure I have no warranty what do you think my chances are with JD footing the bill?

Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I have a 1025r that I purchased in 2015, now has 70 hrs , started it the other day and as it was warming up I heard it start knocking loud went over to turn it off , opened hood saw the airfilter strap broken looked down and had a piece of the cover missing, I assume it dropped down inside, pretty sure I have no warranty what do you think my chances are with JD footing the bill?

Thanks
Bill
If the post above your's is accurate and Deere has a bulletin, your chances are likely good. Call your dealer ASAP

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

Thanks
Bill
Call Deere ASAP and leave it as you found it. Take pictures

·
Registered
2,574 Posts

Thanks
Bill
Long as you serial number is in the range you are good. If not maybe not. It is ridiculous, but a MY2013 isn't covered, but a 2016 will be. Cutting their losses on the backs of consumers. It is their FUBAR design. They should cover it no matter the year it is installed on, if it screws an engine.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
284 Posts
Like I mentioned earlier, if you don't want to pay for the upgrade just remove the metal bracket and strap and run like that. It will be just fine that way. Worse case is you would need to put a hose clamp on the front hose where it attaches to the forward firewall. I ran mine like that for 100 hrs with no issues

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Like I mentioned earlier, if you don't want to pay for the upgrade just remove the metal bracket and strap and run like that. It will be just fine that way. Worse case is you would need to put a hose clamp on the front hose where it attaches to the forward firewall. I ran mine like that for 100 hrs with no issues
Yep did that. It is shown in the other thread on this subject. Added a little support, but the only way my engine will have any damage from the intake falling into the engine while running would be if it gets hit with a meteorite. I suppose it could happen, but if it does, I'm sure the old girl would have other issues too.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I would make a set of metal brackets and use some stainless steel adjustable hose/pipe clamps on the air filter housing an secure to the bracket set. That is if they won't repair yours because of it's age. (just another case of age discrimination)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Thanks , Good news I Called dealer and they came that day to pick it up, next day I got a call from dealer, they said JD is replacing the motor
I was sure they would do that!!?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I was sure they would do that!!
All depends... upon the year of the unit. Saying you got it done is great, but for full disclosure, the model year of the tractor is important to know for those of us not getting the fix for free.... if they start replacing MY2013 or MY2014, those of us with those model years need to know....

·
Registered
3 Posts
All depends... upon the year of the unit. Saying you got it done is great, but for full disclosure, the model year of the tractor is important to know for those of us not getting the fix for free.... if they start replacing MY2013 or MY2014, those of us with those model years need to know....

Mine is a 2015.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Called my dealer to set up a RSM and mentioned the air cleaner on my 2016. They acknowledged the issue and said they would put on the replacement kit when they come out. Unfortunately that isn't for a few weeks (plus or minus this quarantine situation), and my 2 acres of weeds are growing rapidly here in No.Calif! As a temporary measure, I took the advice from some of you and removed the bracket holding my air cleaner to the engine and added a hose clamp to secure the front (intake) hose in place. I then put a bungee cord around that hose and the air filter to quiet any excess vibration. I'm keeping an eye on things so the filter doesn't move too close to the fan blades. So far, so good, and this should get me by for the weeks until service. Thank you everyone for all the good advice and tipping us off to this potential disaster!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi new here didnt know where else to go. 2015 1025 r with only 200 hrs on it . Klonking noise in engine then a bang and gray oil spraying everywhere. 6 months out of warranty. Any suggestions
Mine didn't put a hole in the block, but some how it jumped time and quit running well. It doesn't run very well on 2 cylinders, and my tractor only had 75 hours on it. JD ended up saying sorry it's out of warranty. $957 dollars later it's running great.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Mine didn't put a hole in the block, but some how it jumped time and quit running well. It doesn't run very well on 2 cylinders, and my tractor only had 75 hours on it. JD ended up saying sorry it's out of warranty. $957 dollars later it's running great.
what 75 hoiurs and no warranty? I thought they had a five year or more gaurantee? Surely you use it more than15 hoyrs per year. Mine has 200 hours and its four months old

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
So, what happened - what was the cause of the problem? Was it air cleaner related, if so, what year is your tractor?

101 - 117 of 117 Posts