Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently experienced a broken cave cover. My local dealer was very responsive and came and picked my tractor 3 hrs later. I was told there would be no charge for this. I’ve had tractor back for about two weeks now, and yesterday I received a bill from them for 580.00. As it’s the weekend I haven’t called them yet, but Will tomorrow. Has anyone else had an engine replacement and experienced this same issue? Or was yours totally at no cost? Thank you

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Pickup and delivery from my JD dealer is $120. I'd squawk to your JD sales person about this charge. Did for the several charges on my lemony 1025R. He made them go away.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,206 Posts
I think I've heard that the engine replacement and labor are covered by Deere but the customer does get charged for fluids, "shop supplies", and probably transportation.

·
Registered
956 Posts
If this happened to me, I would try to get the charge reversed. But if I couldn’t, I would find some consolation in getting the engine replaced for less than $600. not to let deere off the hook, but as @highlandranger said, it could have been worse.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
891 Posts
I think I've heard that the engine replacement and labor are covered by Deere but the customer does get charged for fluids, "shop supplies", and probably transportation.
You SHOULD be receiving 100% warranty as your dealer is representing John Deere in it's entirety.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,206 Posts
You SHOULD be receiving 100% warranty as your dealer is representing John Deere in it's entirety.
I don't think any of the affected machines would still have any warranty left. The engine replacement for the "bad" air filter setup is being handled on a case-by-case basis by Deere.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
How old is the tractor?? If it's over 2 years old then the bumper to bumper is lapsed and only the drive train warranty exists. By the same token pickup and delivery is not covered UNLESS you have purchased the extended warranty. I made my point in another post, and this is a prime example of why I spent $1400 on the 4 year extended warranty.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I don't think any of the affected machines would still have any warranty left. The engine replacement for the "bad" air filter setup is being handled on a case-by-case basis by Deere.
Well it sounds like warranty to me. It is a known failure and clearly the engine replacement has been covered. Sort of a "slap in the face" IMHO.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,206 Posts
Well it sounds like warranty to me. It is a known failure and clearly the engine replacement has been covered. Sort of a "slap in the face" IMHO.
Deere isn't even consistently providing the upgraded filter to owners.

Reactions: Mackford13

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
I just recently experienced a broken cave cover. My local dealer was very responsive and came and picked my tractor 3 hrs later. I was told there would be no charge for this. I’ve had tractor back for about two weeks now, and yesterday I received a bill from them for 580.00. As it’s the weekend I haven’t called them yet, but Will tomorrow. Has anyone else had an engine replacement and experienced this same issue? Or was yours totally at no cost? Thank you
There are very few people on here who have posted about their own engine failure and replacement. There are a LOT of advice posts, however. So I though I'd separate the actual victims of engine failure from all the others who have posted primarily about the air filter bracket relocation.

I find 7 members who have posted about their OWN experiences with engine failures and replacements related to the air filter mount, intake runner cover failures, and resulting catastrophic engine damage.

For your info, these members are the following, so you might search for any posts I missed or misinterpreted.
NewView
CMH65
BEECHFRONT
RJLaw
Volkemon
Krbc
Privatebydesign

Only two followed up with financial details. RJLaw paid only a pickup and delivery fee. Privatebydesign paid nothing, but he trailered his tractor himself. He did post a picture of his invoice, showing the engine itself as about $5,900. and the 10 hours labor for engine replacement as $925.

So I'm thinking maybe your charge is the pickup and delivery, although that seems high unless you are a significant distance away from the dealer. But it could be for additional services not involved with replacing the engine. I look forward to you reporting back your details. Best wishes.

·
Registered
818 Posts
The engine replacement has been case-by-case, I believe e even for tractors outside any warranty at all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There are very few people on here who have posted about their own engine failure and replacement. There are a LOT of advice posts, however. So I though I'd separate the actual victims of engine failure from all the others who have posted primarily about the air filter bracket relocation.

I find 7 members who have posted about their OWN experiences with engine failures and replacements related to the air filter mount, intake runner cover failures, and resulting catastrophic engine damage.

For your info, these members are the following, so you might search for any posts I missed or misinterpreted.
NewView
CMH65
BEECHFRONT
RJLaw
Volkemon
Krbc
Privatebydesign

Only two followed up with financial details. RJLaw paid only a pickup and delivery fee. Privatebydesign paid nothing, but he trailered his tractor himself. He did post a picture of his invoice, showing the engine itself as about $5,900. and the 10 hours labor for engine replacement as $925.

So I'm thinking maybe your charge is the pickup and delivery, although that seems high unless you are a significant distance away from the dealer. But it could be for additional services not involved with replacing the engine. I look forward to you reporting back your details. Best wishes.
I feel fortunate to get a new engine for less than 600
But I was told no charge to me. 100 of it is pick up delivery which I understand but they are also charging me 420.00 for labor. I will call them tomorrow to see what they will do.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,206 Posts
I feel fortunate to get a new engine for less than 600
But I was told no charge to me. 100 of it is pick up delivery which I understand but they are also charging me 420.00 for labor. I will call them tomorrow to see what they will do.
They actually gave you back the tractor and then sent you a bill 2 weeks later?

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,206 Posts
Yes that’s correct! I even asked if there was any paperwork when the driver delivered it, and he told me no
I'd certainly ask for an explanation for being billed after the fact.

Reactions: trav
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.