Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally managed to get the 1 1/4" chrome drain fitting over the factory exhaust pipe. On this one and the 1026r always had the angle pointed to the ground . Today while loading 25 or 30 trailer loads of dirt for my bil , I was getting covered with dust. Ground was dry for a change , tractor and me was covered with dust. Instead of turning the opening toward the inside of frt tire, decided to remove the extension. After removing the extension I loaded maybe 5 ,more trailer load of dirt, had very little dust coming up on me. Each trailer load of dirt was 2 bucket loads of dirt. Not sure if I'm even going to install it any more.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
ET,
Mine is angled up that it just clears the front of the tire. Never had an issue. Definitely agree that pointing down is wrong way. I do not leave mine outside so it is not an issue.
Bill

·
Registered
342 Posts
I used a 7" drain with a 45 and a 90 elbow, along with self tapping set screws. This puts the drain pipe straight up and I pointed it out over the front tire.
My tractor has chrome exhaust! :mocking:

Mr. Moose

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'll say it...

Pictures? :munch:

·
Registered
709 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Ok, for the 'pics or it didn't happen' rule, here is what I did for the exhaust. Ignore the black spot on the side panel, my first attempt didn't use a set screw and when the pipe warmed up it rotated backwards and melted the plastic.

1026r Exhaust.jpg

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
Ok, for the 'pics or it didn't happen' rule, here is what I did for the exhaust. Ignore the black spot on the side panel, my first attempt didn't use a set screw and when the pipe warmed up it rotated backwards and melted the plastic.

View attachment 31640
Ok that's pretty cool, but doesn't the pipe vibrate when the engine gets revved up?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Ok that's pretty cool, but doesn't the pipe vibrate when the engine gets revved up?
Not anymore than anything else on the tractor. It does noticeably upon startup and shutdown, but it's not a problem. Been there since December and about 60 hours with no apparent issues.

·
Registered
59 Posts
NICE! needed one of those on my 1026R before i traded it in. Nice work. we won't talk about the melted plastic. :)

·
Registered
3,554 Posts

View attachment 31640

Well, so much for my simple straight/angle to the left front of the tire... I'm off to the plumbing supply aisle again!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Has any one try to make a stack. JD offer a stack kit for other tractor but not for the little one like what we use.
Maybe a muffler shop can been a pipe up.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Has any one try to make a stack. JD offer a stack kit for other tractor but not for the little one like what we use.
Maybe a muffler shop can been a pipe up.
Well, I've been eyeballing that one real hard! Two ways to go, up through the hood and through the side panel. Both require fairly large holes, the hood method would require the largest since one must clear the stack when opening the hood. I'd be going the side panel route, smaller hole horizontal+ elbow + stack. To remove side panel (w/o disconnecting stack) one would only need a small amount of clearance around the pipe plus the distance to release the side slot-locks... (To be continued... hopefully.)

I believe someone added a stack up from the OEM pipe... Too much run of pipe for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts