1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Longtime reader!

4 hours total time since picked it up!

Been reading on here about different ways to move trailers around with different receiver mounts....what's the one to get?

How about other favorite accessories?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Hello

Longtime reader!

4 hours total time since picked it up!

Been reading on here about different ways to move trailers around with different receiver mounts....what's the one to get?

How about other favorite accessories?
Many things to add, but I chose to go with pallet forks, so I could unload and move all the other things I would be buying and adding later. Another addition I've found very useful is a canopy. It makes it a lot more comfortable to spend hours in the sun. I don't have a backhoe so I have no idea if it and a canopy are compatible, though.

What you choose to add will be determined by what your first jobs for the tractor will be. What are you planning to do?

And one more question. What weight and size trailer(s) do you intend to move around with the tractor?

·
Registered
448 Posts
My favorite implement for my 1025 is pallet forks - secondly you will want a set of at least 2 Kens Bolt on Grab hooks! I got three and love them.

I did make a mistake when I bought my forks I got some nice heavy duty ones and found out later that the lift capacity was greatly reduced because the forks are naturally part of the weight. I'd recommend 36" artillian -

Good luck and congrats on the new green machine... enjoy !!

·
Premium Member
9,784 Posts
My favorite implement for my 1025 is pallet forks - secondly you will want a set of at least 2 Kens Bolt on Grab hooks! I got three and love them.

I did make a mistake when I bought my forks I got some nice heavy duty ones and found out later that the lift capacity was greatly reduced because the forks are naturally part of the weight. I'd recommend 36" artillian -

Good luck and congrats on the new green machine... enjoy !!
Welcome to the site. We love spending someone else's :gizmo:

x2 on Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks. They are the least expensive and best improvements that you can do to your tractor.

Pallet forks are the best thing you never new you wanted till you have them and Artillian's are world class. Get the HD frame with the built in receiver. It is prefect for moving a reasonably sized trailer.

Trailer size, weight, and the terrain that you are moving it on are important. Very important especially if you are moving it with a FEL mounted receiver. You don't want the tail wagging the dog.

Heavy Hitch and Omni both make great 3pt mounted receiver hitches/weight brackets.

I will add a Piranha Toothbar to the list.

·
Registered
370 Posts
If you have a suitable paved area, a home-brew dolly for the backhoe. Makes dismount/remount a whole lot easier! Chain hooks on the bucket!!!!! Also consider an LED light bar to mount on the roll bar, with the FEL on, the headlights & side work lights don't really cut it if you have to work on a dark & stormy night ...:).

Also consider adding a mechanical thumb for the backhoe. Really increases its' utility! +1 on some form of pallet forks. The chain-on still do you good if the budget doesn't extend enough for the quick attach.

Nick

Reactions: danmorea and rtgt

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
As for what to get depends on what you're going to do the most. Get what you need for the job and the least invasive to what you have and can be taken off and put back on the easiest and fastest.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I would also invest in a good grease gun. Grease. Tech manual. Extra fuel filters. All those extra goodies are of no use unless it is running.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
+1

... also, Lock N Lube tip for the grease gun really helps reduce the aggravation in getting the FEL + BH greasing done. A little pricey @ $30, but I'm really feeling it was cash well spent.

Nick

·
Registered
2,504 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all the info!
Hooks got ordered this am

I want to use it to move boat trailers and such around, no real towing, just a quick way to put a 2' or 2 5/16" ball on it....

I'll dive into the artillian site today and figure them out

please keep ideas coming

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
For when I have my BH off I really like my Omni Transformer with weight bracket. Comes in very handy for all sorts of duties. - TRANSFORMER Platform with Integrated Weight Rack - OMNI Mfg LLC

I keep a receiver hitch (without ball) in the top port. It acts as a hook for moving the kids trampoline. When cutting grass I can back to the trampoline with the 3pt low, lift the hitch and pull the trampoline.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Forks and be sure to get some suitcase weights for the front. Not sure how much the boats weigh. Ken's hooks for sure and some strap that he sells. Can't beat them for the cost and how much I use them.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Forks. I was set on getting the Artillian forks, but never had the extra thousand dollars sitting around that it would take to get them, then someone here mentioned the Titans...

Buy the Artillian forks to support US made products and to save 20 lbs of weight, but for me the difference in price was just too much - and the Titans have a built-in hitch receiver.

Many members make add-on recommendations every time they post - in their signature line. Mine is no exception.

Reactions: AirGuard and Levi

·
Registered
23,070 Posts
thanks for all the info!
Hooks got ordered this am

I want to use it to move boat trailers and such around, no real towing, just a quick way to put a 2' or 2 5/16" ball on it....

I'll dive into the artillian site today and figure them out

please keep ideas coming
When at the Artillian site look for the hitch receiver that goes right on the fork frame.

Fork Frame Attachments

Artillian_5-2RH-PFF_800.jpg

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
100_0725.jpg
Here is another idea for the 2" ball to move trailers around. There are many ways to get this done but this is probably the cheapest. BTW I was changing out the seat springs when this pic was taken. psrumors used to sell them back then, Kens Bolt on Hooks sells them now. They still work great. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
536 Posts
The attachment I use the most are the forks.
The attachment I enjoy using the most is the Land Pride tiller.
Love to play in the dirt.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Congrads!!!!

Congrads on the tractor!! Stay safe and enjoy. I'm already getting close to the 50 hour service. It's nice to have a machine do the work instead of my back, knees and arms. Implements and after market stuff add up but are part of the fun.

Reactions: AirGuard and Levi

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Forks. I was set on getting the Artillian forks, but never had the extra thousand dollars sitting around that it would take to get them, then someone here mentioned the Titans...

Buy the Artillian forks to support US made products and to save 20 lbs of weight, but for me the difference in price was just too much - and the Titans have a built-in hitch receiver.

Many members make add-on recommendations every time they post - in their signature line. Mine is no exception.
I personally can't fathom this logic. Spend $20k for the best quality brand of tractor, but then buy a garbage rust-from-the-inside-out attachment to do some of the most strenuous work the tractor will perform? Could have saved another $5k and bought a Ginma to match the forks, which, by they way, are a loose knockoff of our design. That is what this company does, copy the work of others and outsource it cheaply offshore. Sadly, ethics is a missing attribute, encouraged by equally lacking or unwitting participants.

Also, to correct one of the misquotes, we certainly have fork frames with integrated hitch receivers, Artillian 3000 Lb John Deere QA Pallet Fork Sets and Artillian 3000 Lb Skid Steer QA Pallet Fork Sets. And ours have actual load ratings determined through engineering methods to keep people safe.

Last, there are vast and various differences in quality, strength and versatility that could be easily overlooked by those who shop only on price. You get what you pay for. You can keep that crap away from me and my family!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts