Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I would ask others here what they thought about the seating position on their 1 series with a BH. Since trading in my 1023E for a 1025R FILB, I have felt very, how can I say..., uneasy in the seat. These machines are nearly identical except for the addition of some niceties, the BH, and of course the seat. I feel like I sit too high, and the "pucker" factor is somewhat heightened, to the point of feeling uncomfortable where I normally felt comfortable on the E.

Ok, so I have a bit of sloping ground in my front yard, that when on the E, I would traverse sideways without a second thought, but with the R having a higher seating position, I feel like a rollover is darn near imminent, even though I've driven across this terrain a hundred times before with the E. Am I crazy?

·
Premium Member
14,133 Posts
Felt the same way when I went from a 2305 no BH to one with BH . After a couple of times across the yard and mowing on slopes it feels normal.

Relax if the e felt OK and handled OK the R will too. I totally forgot about the feel ....

·
Registered
4,087 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Felt the same way when I went from a 2305 no BH to one with BH . After a couple of times across the yard and mowing on slopes it feels normal.

Relax if the e felt OK and handled OK the R will too. I totally forgot about the feel ....
I guess I am a bit crazy, but the thought that keeps crossing my mind is the fact that the rear ballast (BH) is much higher than it was on the E (TPH), plus the seating position being higher, it just feels uneasy.

Well, If I want to feel better, I can always just run around with the ROPS up and belt myself in.

Just thought I'd ask... Thanks!

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
Am I crazy?
Well of course, but you are in very good company!:lol::laugh:

When did you trade the "E" for the "R"? It must have been recently....?:greentractorride:

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well of course, but you are in very good company!:lol::laugh:

When did you trade the "E" for the "R"? It must have been recently....?:greentractorride:
I traded about 3 or so weeks ago. I even started a thread about the decision making here: http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/15435-thinking-upgrading.html

I gotta say, I like the R, especially the BH, the extra lighting, and the position control on the TPH, but everything else is just bells an whistles IMHO. The R feels tighter, but most likely because of the added subframe for the BH. Otherwise I see no difference in power at all. Actually, the R starts harder than the E ever did. I get about 15 seconds of coughing white smoke even in warmer weather. The E started a little rough in sub-freezing temps (all the way down to 15 degrees in the shed), but never had an issue when 40 or above, unlike the R.

Oh, did I mention it has a snazzy hood ornament too?:dance:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts