Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my 1025R last July I asked the salesman about a flail mower. He said there's no such thing for a 1025R, and after I corrected him I settled for a RC2048. It has served me well. But I still have the itch for a flail mower, largely because of its compact size. However, I want it to be iMatch compatible.

Has anyone got, or seen, a flail mower for a 1025R that's iMatch compatible?

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Reactions: Upset264 and Kennyd

·
Registered
John Deere 1026R
119 Posts
My commercial bestsco one shows up tomorrow and I bought all the proper spacers so I am going to see if I can make it work with my old imatch which does not have any adjustment on the top hook. I think the 6 spacers cost me about 20 bucks at TS.

I don't think I can make it work with my old JD403 brush cutter, but think it will work with my disk. I'll post a follow up either way.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Trimax Ezeemow FX 135 is another good brand but very pricy -- $6K, and not I-match compatible.

I had the Befco H40-s quoted by my JD dealer at $4K delivered to my house.

The Woodmax FM-54 is made in china, there are 18 sets of blades, it is not iMatch compatible, is doesn’t have hydraulic shift.

rob

Reactions: Upset264

·
Registered
John Deere 1026R
119 Posts
My bestsco one showed up Friday. It doesn't match up to an imatch. The bottom will the top link connection is off. I suppose you could cut it off and reweld it. Mine is th commercial model, and I needed to move over about 2.5 inches to work.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trimax Ezeemow FX 135 is another good brand but very pricy -- $6K, and not I-match compatible.

I had the Befco H40-s quoted by my JD dealer at $4K delivered to my house.

The Woodmax FM-54 is made in china, there are 18 sets of blades, it is not iMatch compatible, is doesn’t have hydraulic shift.

rob
Woodmax website states "will also work with cat 1 quick hitch (except John Deere I-Match)". Does anyone understand how that makes sense. I think they may be referring to the original iMatch that didn't have an adjustable top hook.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have looked a great deal at the different offerings. I have settled on the Befco. Made in USA -- replaceable knives.

Hurricane H40-S (16-40 HP tractor)
I've seen them and it looks like a nice unit. Pricey. But I'd pay up for made in USA. Did you buy direct or through a dealer? If they sold direct I'd be more inclined to inquire. Usually when I walk into a dealer and ask about something that's not an everyday item they look at me like I'm crazy. When I bought my tractor the JD dealer told me you can't put a flail mower on a 1025R.

I'd love to know how it works out for you.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
My local JD dealer didn't know they were a dealer but he priced it out for me -- $4K delivered to my house in town. The Trimax is nice, but it is $6K -- too much for me. The Befco has 5 or 6 different flails to choose from. They strongly suggest the upside down "Y" flails. It does depend on what you cut.

Reactions: Upset264

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
These are the flail options for the Befco.

I like the upside down Y and the 1 piece paddle.

rob

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
John Deere 1026R
119 Posts
I can report the 1026r and the Bestsco commercial flail mower work well together. They say 22 PTO to run it. I cut my cereal grain green fields Saturday, height close to 6 feet with no issue. I did open the back of the deck up, since it was wet when I started. Cuts better after the dew dries, just an FYI.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts